Hive infestion

bluethunder2kbluethunder2k Join Date: 2011-05-11 Member: 98234Members
Hi guys,

I was just playing a game as aliens, commander left and we were in a pretty ###### position (1 hive against 3 base) and it was clear we were going to lose.

Problem is, one marine came into our base from generator into marine start with a flamethrower and fired up at the hive from below. This caused the hives MAIN infestion to die, annoyingly it didn't grow back. Even when I reinfested, it didn't stick (presumably because it wasn't linked to hive infestion which is now dead).

This caused us to lose the game, not that we werent going to already. But I thought that was kinda cheap. The hives infestion either shouldn't die, or should be able to be rebuilt.

Thoughts??

Comments

• twilitebluetwiliteblue bug stalker Join Date: 2003-02-04 Member: 13116Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    That is a known problem. I believe with the introduction of the Pustule (or Cyst?) next patch, Infestation (or Croach?) will not wither as fast when its link to a hive is lost.

Just hold on for a few more days.
  • Chris0132Chris0132 Join Date: 2009-07-25 Member: 68262Members
    Yeah had this happen a couple of times too, kind of annoying.
  • SewlekSewlek The programmer previously known as Schimmel Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16247Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Developer
    the off-infestation structures die too fast aswell in my opinion
  • subshadowsubshadow Join Date: 2003-04-21 Member: 15710Members
    Structures that are taking damage need a special voice-warning when this happens, only audible by the commander.
    Maybe instead of "Structure under attack" somethin like "A structure is starving."