Frelge server triad 15 right now

2»

Comments

• RanemanRaneman Join Date: 2010-01-07 Member: 69962Members
    edited July 2011
    Power nodes are a nightmare with FF on. No longer can more then 1 skulk chomp on a powernode at once.
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I'd expect FF would make playing marines much harder because they have more area of effect and long range weapons (see ft, gl, sg, etc) than aliens (lerk spray and spike).
  • playerplayer Join Date: 2010-09-12 Member: 73982Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1861410:date=Jul 18 2011, 04:42 PM:name=Chris0132)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Chris0132 @ Jul 18 2011, 04:42 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1861410"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Yes, it worked wonderfully, because it was turned off.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Pretty sure it was ON in tourney-mode.

The only new thing introduced that could complicate things is the FT, but when UWE gets it's act together and NOT make it shoot through solid walls, I'm sure it'll work out.
  • vlncvlnc Join Date: 2010-09-07 Member: 73921Members, Squad Five Blue
    I feel like others that the damages between aliens and marines are much more differents. When you beat a skulk in skulk he'll die very quickly. But as a marine, shooting your friend do not so many damage (except SG, GL).

Like player said, problem still the FT cause shooting through wall can hits your mates. Most of the time when server are FF OFF, FT guys was shooting friends when skulk, or fade was attacking them. You guys have to rehabilitate to that new gameplay I think and UWE should reduce damage on teammates.
  • Shrike3OShrike3O Join Date: 2002-11-03 Member: 6678Members, Constellation
    I don't really see a problem with one euro server being +FF, as it'll give us some feedback as to whether or not some degree of FF actually improves gameplay (I'm a fan of reduced-but-still-present FF myself... that marine armor has got to be at least partially bulletproof, right?). In the meantime, I agree with PhYzor... host your own server if you want different settings. At the moment, that's the only server I know of that's +FF; for all we know, there's some nasty bug down the road that'll only get nailed down on +FF servers, so having some variety in the testing environment is a good thing. You know those games where they get released and they're buggy as hell on 2/3 of the computers out there, and it comes out that they never actually got tested on computers with Radeon cards or something silly like that, because the developer's computers all have nVidia? Yeah.

NS1, I recall... was it Voogroo? Something like that. There was a guy who hosted a server that always seemed to be running several mods, which mostly felt aimed at making public games more fun. It added variety and if you didn't like it, it wasn't like it was the only server. A lot of people seemed pissed off by that, and a silent majority just enjoyed playing on the server and having some variety from vanilla NS (lerk-lift, anyone?).
  • TrCTrC Join Date: 2008-11-30 Member: 65612Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1861462:date=Jul 18 2011, 10:55 PM:name=Shrike3O)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Shrike3O @ Jul 18 2011, 10:55 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1861462"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->NS1, I recall... was it Voogroo? Something like that. There was a guy who hosted a server that always seemed to be running several mods, which mostly felt aimed at making public games more fun. It added variety and if you didn't like it, it wasn't like it was the only server. A lot of people seemed pissed off by that, and a silent majority just enjoyed playing on the server and having some variety from vanilla NS (lerk-lift, anyone?).<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yea, add in function to ruin hard worked balance and blame it on "stacking" and "exploiting".

But like you said it splits like minded and is not really a problem until there's only one of the type left.
    I'm not sure you even comprehended what I said.
  • vlncvlnc Join Date: 2010-09-07 Member: 73921Members, Squad Five Blue
    triad22 is running now.

To download files, go here -> <a href="http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6TJ17GMK" target="_blank">http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6TJ17GMK</a>

For feedback, go here -> <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=113658" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/in...howtopic=113658</a>
  • GrapeVineGrapeVine Join Date: 2006-12-01 Member: 58803Members
    Today I was playing on a low tick server with 3-4 people because HBZ server was full. We were debating on if we should change server to Frelge because apparently it has good tick rate (haven't played there myself). People ended up staying on the low tick-rate server because they didn't want to play with FF on. The end.
  • PhYzorPhYzor Join Date: 2003-10-26 Member: 22005Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited July 2011
    who care ?

or if you prefer :

cool story bro !
    Let me rephrase:

"I don't wanna play that way!"
    "Okay."
    "Where is everybody?"

On a related note, PhYzor's sig is more applicable than usual tonight.
  • wulf 21wulf 21 Join Date: 2011-05-03 Member: 96875Members
    edited July 2011
    I like ff on. With ff off you only have to know when to shoot. With ff on you have to know when <i>not to shoot.</i>

It requires you to develop new tactics. As alien e.g. never attack the same target. (unless with lerk spores, they don't do damage to aliens by design). 2 skulks chewing on a powernode is sill possible, just do it from opposite directions. As marine you have to think where you move, e.g. stay at your side of the corridor instead of strafing all over the place. If you are suddenly attacked by a skulk or fade, try to move so you can give him cross-fire (i.e. the angle teammate-enemy-you should ideally be 90 degrees).

You have to think about frantic jump-strafing. I usually end up not shooting a skulk attacking my teammate because I could hit him so easily. On the other hand, there was a very cool scene, when my teammate simply crouched, stood still and tried to hold off the skulk with rifle butt. So I pulled out my pistol (heavy damage activated), aimed carefully and shot that skulk right next to him.
  • Ender_74Ender_74 Join Date: 2011-01-28 Member: 79329Members
    edited July 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1862318:date=Jul 22 2011, 08:12 AM:name=wulf 21)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wulf 21 @ Jul 22 2011, 08:12 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1862318"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I like ff on. With ff off you only have to know when to shoot. With ff on you have to know when <i>not to shoot.</i>

It requires you to develop new tactics. As alien e.g. never attack the same target. (unless with lerk spores, they don't do damage to aliens by design). 2 skulks chewing on a powernode is sill possible, just do it from opposite directions. As marine you have to think where you move, e.g. stay at your side of the corridor instead of strafing all over the place. If you are suddenly attacked by a skulk or fade, try to move so you can give him cross-fire (i.e. the angle teammate-enemy-you should ideally be 90 degrees).

You have to think about frantic jump-strafing. I usually end up not shooting a skulk attacking my teammate because I could hit him so easily. On the other hand, there was a very cool scene, when my teammate simply crouched, stood still and tried to hold off the skulk with rifle butt. So I pulled out my pistol (heavy damage activated), aimed carefully and shot that skulk right next to him.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

+1 And shotgun are so powerful that attacking as aliens and placing yourself between two marines might get you killed, but you may get one of them to kill the other, which almost as rewarding as killing him yourself, and if you attack as a pack, as you should, the others will be able to get the second one. Also in those situations switching to pistol to gain aim is imho a good way to help your teammate who's being attacked without blowing his brains up. Still damages against your teammates could be lowered, I sure wouldn't mind.
  • subshadowsubshadow Join Date: 2003-04-21 Member: 15710Members
    I like the fact that marines moving trough corridors, suddenly become aware they they block their teammates line of sight. They tend to check up on another more and try to keep clear of their squadmates crosshairs.
  • FehaFeha Join Date: 2006-11-16 Member: 58633Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1862281:date=Jul 21 2011, 11:54 PM:name=PhYzor)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PhYzor @ Jul 21 2011, 11:54 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1862281"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->who care ?

or if you prefer :

cool story bro !<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I never liked those kinds of posts. If you don't care about what they say, why reply at all?
  • PhYzorPhYzor Join Date: 2003-10-26 Member: 22005Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1862395:date=Jul 22 2011, 09:44 AM:name=Feha)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Feha @ Jul 22 2011, 09:44 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1862395"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I never liked those kinds of posts. If you don't care about what they say, why reply at all?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Because : if you don't like to play on FF ON server, go away, it's so easy to understand...
  • KoruyoKoruyo AUT Join Date: 2009-06-06 Member: 67724Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited July 2011
    cool story bro !

PhYzor the way you reply is ignorant and unfriendly, if you are not able to communicate like a normal grown up person just ignore the posts and dont reply at all - it's so easy to understand...

Server Admins and their god complex...
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited July 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1862281:date=Jul 21 2011, 03:54 PM:name=PhYzor)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PhYzor @ Jul 21 2011, 03:54 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1862281"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->who care ?

or if you prefer :

cool story bro !<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

thats the kind of server admin i'm looking for!
    A rude, disgruntled troll, perfect.
    whats the name of the server? frelge? won't forget to pass it up, k thx.
    /close thread now?