[181] Phase Gate View Bug

SyknikSyknik InversionNS2.com Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2064Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
edited July 2011 in NS2 General Discussion
In a general sense:

So pretty much this bug has to do with the phase gates and possibly the other view bugs. You would go through a phase gate and depending on the direction you were looking going in (either up/down), re-orientates your camera view so that from that position you can look 90degrees up and down from the angle you went through the phase gate.

The video demonstrates what I mean: <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxAk9XhhQU4" target="_blank">Phaste Gate View Bug</a>

This video shows how messed up it can make your marine model look: <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ1gMeObSb0" target="_blank">Messed Up Marine Model (swimming)</a>

Edit: Oh and on a site note. If you get an Obs, research Phase gates, then recycle your Obs. You're still able to place phase gates.

Comments

• QuovatisQuovatis Team Inversion Join Date: 2010-01-26 Member: 70321Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Now we need to figure out how it happens to aliens, because I had it happen as fade too.
  • SyknikSyknik InversionNS2.com Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2064Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    I"m sure it has to do with something similar, like maybe if you die and you're viewing a skulk climbing up a wall or something a certain way, you spawn in and your view is messed up. Or perhaps how you come out of the egg, maybe if you come out of it looking a certain direction. I hope the devs can piece it together and fix it. =)
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Nice find! I was wondering how this happened, but it seems to be related to how you view was oriented right before your teleported/spawned.
  • SyknikSyknik InversionNS2.com Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2064Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    That's what i said ScardyBob,

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->depending on the direction you were looking going in (either up/down)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

=) But yeah depending the way you were looking right before being teleported.
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I was playing around a bit with this and it was fairly easy to do with the phase gate. I did have it happen with alien spawning, but I wasn't able to find a reliable way to reproduce. I'm also wondering if it could happen when spawning from an IP.
  • BJHBnade_spammerBJHBnade_spammer Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42431Members
    edited July 2011
    could it also have something to do with alien sometimes spawning in a infantry portal?
    this bug sometimes happens when you are using random team and you get picked for the aliens side.
  • DeadzoneDeadzone Join Date: 2003-07-03 Member: 17911Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1863644:date=Jul 26 2011, 03:01 PM:name=BJHBnade_spammer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BJHBnade_spammer @ Jul 26 2011, 03:01 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1863644"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->could it also have something to do with alien sometimes spawning in a infantry portal?
    this bug sometimes happens when you are using random team and you get picked for the aliens side.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

lmao I've never seen that before... but now I REALLY want to >:D