Marine Repair Tool

Lord_MandaloreLord_Mandalore Join Date: 2011-07-09 Member: 109328Members
I don't know if the team already plans to implement something like this or it's been discussed before, but what if Marines could purchase something like a welder for a primary weapon, that would have the ability to repair damaged structures.
A marine would still be able to fight using a pistol, but would have to sacrifice his primary weapon in order to help maintain structures.

Comments

• RichardRahlRichardRahl Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104594Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1867618:date=Aug 8 2011, 07:27 PM:name=Lord_Mandalore)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lord_Mandalore @ Aug 8 2011, 07:27 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1867618"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I don't know if the team already plans to implement something like this or it's been discussed before, but what if Marines could purchase something like a welder for a primary weapon, that would have the ability to repair damaged structures.
    A marine would still be able to fight using a pistol, but would have to sacrifice his primary weapon in order to help maintain structures.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

nobody would do that, we have macs to repairs buildings. and they don't require a marine to sacrifice combat potential.
  • PsiWarpPsiWarp Gifted Gorge Richmond, B.C., Canada Join Date: 2010-08-28 Member: 73810Members
    They said something about Welder possibly making a return. I believe the Marine's nanite powered repairing powers will require a Welder in the future, for repairing Power Nodes, welding doors shut and repairing other Marines' armor. Building with +use will probably remain as so if Welders are made purchased only.
  • SewlekSewlek The programmer previously known as Schimmel Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16247Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Developer
    if I'm not mistaken now, I was reading in the news update, which introduced the feature that marines could repair each other armor by pressing use, that marines will get a welder. I could be wrong of course, or plans have changed. The welder is definitely missing at the moment. I would even sacrifice my axe slot for having one :)