Alien structure player interfaces

KalabalanaKalabalana Join Date: 2003-11-14 Member: 22859Members
edited August 2011 in Ideas and Suggestions
Like how marines buy from an armory, how about some structures have little shop screens for aliens to buy from?

<b>Crag</b>
5 res will buy a full health/armor refill
15 res buys a little pack of babblers that will follow you and attack/defend with you
5 res gets you armor X up to 3 (Where X is the current armor tech +1)
25 res buys lerk umbra ability, which replaces spore

<b>Shade</b>
5 res lets you buy the cloak shade ability for your character (Not the evolutionary upgrade)
15 res lets you darken the room to black for 30 seconds (only marine light(s) work(s))

<b>Whip</b>
5 res gets you melee X up to 3 (Where X is the current melee tech +1)
15 res gets you "claw" which works with skulk and lerk, and if you leap/fly into a marine it does some damage

<b>Cyst</b>
5 res will let you move the cyst, allowing for non-floor placement, and general hiding (Within cyst placement constratings)
5 res increases the creep spread radius some (Maybe upgradeable to double creep radius over 3 upgrades?)
5 res to increase creep armor to double creep health

<b>Hive</b>
5 res lets you travel between hives! Pay and pick a destination
Triple structure cost in personal res -> lets you place a generic structure around hive

While everyone might think this will buff aliens, I think it will also eat up a lot of their personal res.

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Meh, I dunno. The goal is to differentiate both teams as much as possible. The current egg evolving does just that and feels much more natural, especially concerning the animal and biological nature of the Kharaa
  • KalabalanaKalabalana Join Date: 2003-11-14 Member: 22859Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1871005:date=Aug 24 2011, 05:20 PM:name=Kouji_San)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kouji_San @ Aug 24 2011, 05:20 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1871005"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Meh, I dunno. The goal is to differentiate both teams as much as possible. The current egg evolving does just that and feels much more natural, especially concerning the animal and biological nature of the Kharaa<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    True.
  • WorthyRivalWorthyRival Black Armor Division Join Date: 2006-11-07 Member: 58470Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I like the Idea maybe schimmel could implement them in a mod to try out.

I for one think the shades cloak should be able to be activated by players by pressing E on it. Not only when the commander does it.
  • SewlekSewlek The programmer previously known as Schimmel Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16247Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Developer
    I think nobody would use such things. I myself would prefer to save my res for the real upgrades and for life-forms. For example, why should I pay 5 res to get full health when I can wait a little bit and even receive ~1 res during that time? Or why should I pay res to get to a hive when i could simply walk there (ok, when it's under attack, but I'm guessing that the shift will be responsible for such stuff)

but one thing here got my attention : <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->lets you darken the room to black<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

that would be a cool addition to the triggered cloak effect. I mean in general, would be nice if the shade could influence the lightning in a room. It would fit very well. Maybe as a passive ability which also influences the emergency light. It decreases the maximum brightness of all light in that room and make them flicker (3 seconds darkness, 0.5 second light in additional to the emergency light pulse effect).

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->gets you "claw"<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd--> i was thinking about a similar named upgrade "sharp claws" which would basically increase your damage by 20%. this additional damage is applied via a dot (= target bleeds) and triggers the red screen effect when you are low health (purchase able whip upgrade). a few abilities will be excluded to benefit from that upgrade (for example parasite)