Minimum TPs?

LV426-ColonistLV426-Colonist Space Jockey Join Date: 2011-08-05 Member: 114269Members, Constellation
edited September 2011 in Mapping
<div class="IPBDescription">tech-points</div>Looking back at NS1 most of the popular maps had 1-marine start location and 3-hive locations. The question is: is this enough for NS2?

Seeking some debate on this... <i>my current map in progress only has 4 tech-points (two main spawns, 2 other open TPs)</i>.

Comments

• JonacrabJonacrab Join Date: 2003-08-02 Member: 18705Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester
    it really depends on whether UWE makes 4th hive abilities, if not, 3 should be the minimum. I dont think theyve said there will be 4th hive abilities tho. The biggest reason there are more than 3 hives in NS2 is that in the earliest beta tests the marines needed to place a second comm chair on a tech point in order to get avanced upgrades and weapons, so there needed to be more than 3 to accommodate that change. They scratched that idea, and probably wont bring it back, but there has been some debate on adding some functionality for the tech points for marines... but as it stands now 3 is probably the minimum, and I would think if theres no change in tech points, more than 3(plus one for marine start) would just be a waste, although for the time being my map has 5 tech points, just in case.
  • SkymanderXSkymanderX Green Marine - The Few, The Proud, The Green. Join Date: 2011-07-29 Member: 113006Members
    i'd certainly say at least 5. just me though.