"....transitioned from Delivered to Accepted"

XosteanXostean Join Date: 2012-02-17 Member: 146370Members
<div class="IPBDescription">What does this mean?</div>Quick question,

What exactly do they mean by "transitioned from Delivered to Accepted"?

Does this mean that the mechanic has been proven enough to be permanently accepted or does it mean they have retracted an already delivered mechanic to change it?

Comments

• KoruyoKoruyo AUT Join Date: 2009-06-06 Member: 67724Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2012
    I think....

All it means is, that playtesters have tested the change and it seems to work -> no bugs -> the thing is ready for the next patch.

Delivered means, that it is ready to be tested by the playtesters, if it works it gets accepted if not it goes back to started? dunno.
  • PsiWarpPsiWarp Gifted Gorge Richmond, B.C., Canada Join Date: 2010-08-28 Member: 73810Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1911121:date=Mar 7 2012, 04:37 PM:name=Koruyo)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Koruyo @ Mar 7 2012, 04:37 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1911121"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I think....

All it means is, that playtesters have tested the change and it seems to work -> no bugs -> the thing is ready for the next patch.

Delivered means, that it is ready to be tested by the playtesters, if it works it gets accepted if not it goes back to started? dunno.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Some times they go Rejected, but otherwise that's right.
  • zedesozedeso Join Date: 2010-11-24 Member: 75242Members
    That's about right I think. If it's not accepted it gets "rejected" and then re-started.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    This is basically what they mean:

<ul><li>Started: A playtester bugreport has been acknowledged by a dev and work is being started on it</li><li>Delivered: Ready for playtesting, playtesters can accept or reject.</li><li>Accepted: Accepted by playtesters and devs (dev acceptance is the one that displays it on the progress page)</li><li>Rejected: Rejected by playtesters, the devs will revisit the bugreport (dev revisiting puts it on the progress page)</li><li>Finished: I don't quite know, seems similar to accepted from what I can gather</li></ul>
  • SewlekSewlek The programmer previously known as Schimmel Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16247Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Developer
    <!--quoteo(post=1911137:date=Mar 7 2012, 08:58 PM:name=Kouji_San)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kouji_San @ Mar 7 2012, 08:58 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1911137"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->This is basically what they mean:

<ul><li>Started: A playtester bugreport has been acknowledged by a dev and work is being started on it</li><li>Delivered: Ready for playtesting, playtesters can accept or reject.</li><li>Accepted: Accepted by playtesters and devs (dev acceptance is the one that displays it on the progress page)</li><li>Rejected: Rejected by playtesters, the devs will revisit the bugreport (dev revisiting puts it on the progress page)</li><li>Finished: I don't quite know, seems similar to accepted from what I can gather</li></ul><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

i used finished when i'm done with something but i check it in at a later point. For example when we plan to release a patch the same day or next, and the change was quite big, i would not check it in since it could create unexpected bugs and delay the release.