Lerk flight

SannomSannom Join Date: 2012-03-16 Member: 148862Members, Reinforced - Shadow
<div class="IPBDescription">Some fancy visual idea!</div>I have no idea if this' been suggested before, but here goes, and feel free to delete if it was.

Simply put, it'd be nice if the Lerk's flight could be more dynamic. Say it dives down from a certain height, its head and body would shoot down like an arrow, folding its wings, making the fall more believable.

It could also affect the hit box since the lerk would become ' thinner ' as it dives. In the player's point of view, too, the speed could affect sight ( unless alien vision is on ) with slight air distortion, somehow balancing the hit box reduction with visual impairment.

What do you think? Is this a good idea? Anything to add to it?

Comments

• PsiWarpPsiWarp Gifted Gorge Richmond, B.C., Canada Join Date: 2010-08-28 Member: 73810Members
    Welcome to NS2 forums :)

I think it's just a matter of time since we have a diving loop sound, that a rushing air effect shouldn't be far behind. +1 to animation as well.
  • SannomSannom Join Date: 2012-03-16 Member: 148862Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Thanks for the welcome, mate. And yes, precisely, this sound loop is what made me think of dynamic animation!