binding help!

deaglecrazydeaglecrazy Join Date: 2010-07-27 Member: 73106Members
Ever since ns1 I've gotten very use to jumping with mwheeldown and was wondering if there was a way I could have my mouse wheel down binded to jumping? Thanks

Comments

• SkieSkie Skulk Progenitor Join Date: 2003-10-18 Member: 21766Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    For now the only way is to use your mouse's own software do achieve this. You bind mwheelup and mwheeldown to some buttons that you rarely use on the keyboard, then change the bind in-game to those buttons. Some recent mice let you even bind per application.

I've noticed that F7 and F8 are very rarely used in programs/games for anything serious and am using the same trick to bind stuff to mouse thumb buttons.
  • deaglecrazydeaglecrazy Join Date: 2010-07-27 Member: 73106Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1915755:date=Mar 21 2012, 05:19 AM:name=Skie)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Skie @ Mar 21 2012, 05:19 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1915755"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->For now the only way is to use your mouse's own software do achieve this. You bind mwheelup and mwheeldown to some buttons that you rarely use on the keyboard, then change the bind in-game to those buttons. Some recent mice let you even bind per application.

I've noticed that F7 and F8 are very rarely used in programs/games for anything serious and am using the same trick to bind stuff to mouse thumb buttons.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    haha ya I used my razer app to bind the mwheelup and down to space but its pretty choppy even in notepad then WAY more choppy in ns2 :P