Catalyze

Ice30Ice30 Join Date: 2011-11-26 Member: 135365Members
<div class="IPBDescription">I hope this is changing</div>Just wondering about catalyze, as it is, it's absolutely ridiculous because it brings level 2 and 3 tech to aliens so much faster, not to mention they don't have to defend a constructing hive for very long either. It shouldn't work on hives in its current state.

I've played in many games as marines where the game wasn't going so badly for our team, we were able to hold about 3 rts most of the time, yet aliens rolled out fades before our second upgrade was even researched. Of course we had other things such as shotguns, mines and welders etc, but pre 200 we would have been in a good position to win the game at that point. It's as if the devs haven't noticed the debates about whether or not second hive construction times were too quick or just fine and instead brought a mechanic out that makes the construction even faster. I know this is a beta but i do hope this gets patched soon.

I'm also thinking it may be a feature that's only part of the shift hive when they bring that out in a later patch, which would make things interesting, however i don't think it should be able to catalyze the second hive when it's constructing, third hive maybe, but that still might be a bit unfair.

Comments

• thefonzthefonz Join Date: 2011-06-22 Member: 105847Members
    New feature is New. Changes for balance will be coming.
  • Bio88Bio88 Join Date: 2012-03-06 Member: 148267Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1915544:date=Mar 20 2012, 03:40 PM:name=thefonz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (thefonz @ Mar 20 2012, 03:40 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1915544"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->New feature is New. Changes for balance will be coming.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

^this. I'm sure they will be tuning catalyze in the upcoming builds...