marines "flash bang" type grenade

deaglecrazydeaglecrazy Join Date: 2010-07-27 Member: 73106Members
<div class="IPBDescription">just a thought</div>So was thinking that its kind of unfair with the aliens having their flashlight and always being able to see.. well at anytime and through anything lol

So perhaps there could be some sort of flash bang that mainly affects aliens (and rines some what) that will temporarily mess with their vision, but more so their flashlight vision.

Maybe the idea is its damaging to aliens eyes so their vision gets a little blurry with blood or something? Not too sure

Can have the res cost anything and have a max amount set for each marine, also would need to be researched and maybe upgrades to make it more intense.

Comments

• DrakennzDrakennz Join Date: 2012-03-11 Member: 148620Members
    i think the "idea" is good although flash bang would make it too "CS" like, i think when the Aliens are in Night Vision mode the rine's flashlight should be blinding
  • IronsoulIronsoul Join Date: 2011-03-12 Member: 86048Members
    sorry Drakennz, I have to put down that idea about blinding aliens in vision mode. See, it's not a Night Vision mode, it's more of a funky Echo Location type deal(but it's more complicated than that) which is unaffected by sound or light interference.
  • deaglecrazydeaglecrazy Join Date: 2010-07-27 Member: 73106Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1915738:date=Mar 21 2012, 04:33 AM:name=Drakennz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Drakennz @ Mar 21 2012, 04:33 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1915738"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->i think the "idea" is good although flash bang would make it too "CS" like, i think when the Aliens are in Night Vision mode the rine's flashlight should be blinding<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    lol yes I agree which is why i said "flash bang", jus something to throw that messes with their vision somehow is all i really meant

and ya thats good too with the rines flashlight, anything to make the night vision not completely clear at some point, cause right now I pretty much always have it on lol
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    The devs are looking into the alien vision and the fact that most people have it turned on for some odd reason. I don't understand this one bit as there is valuable information lost to you. When you have it on all the time, things like flashlights seen from around corners, flames, explosions, parasited marines or marines on infestation...
    <!--quoteo(post=1915743:date=Mar 21 2012, 04:47 AM:name=Kouji_San)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kouji_San @ Mar 21 2012, 04:47 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1915743"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The devs are looking into the alien vision and the fact that most people have it turned on for some odd reason. I don't understand this one bit as there is valuable information lost to you. When you have it on all the time, things like flashlights seen from around corners, flames, explosions, parasited marines or marines on infestation...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    For the infestation I am also someone who brings up the map constantly, and I dont always run around with it on but once I see a marine and am going to attack, I most likely won't turn it off.

Especially when I'm a skulk I prefer not to see the flames, makes it much easier to see and kill a marine and if I die oh wells just a skulk dieing lol
  • sad. Clownsad. Clown Join Date: 2012-02-25 Member: 147407Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1915740:date=Mar 20 2012, 09:40 PM:name=Ironsoul)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ironsoul @ Mar 20 2012, 09:40 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1915740"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->sorry Drakennz, I have to put down that idea about blinding aliens in vision mode. See, it's not a Night Vision mode, it's more of a funky Echo Location type deal(but it's more complicated than that) which is unaffected by sound or light interference.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

They call it "active sonar". Maybe the marines should have some sort of sonar jamming device. Something that lets out ultra high frequency sounds to jam up alien vision, forcing the alien player to turn alien vision off if they want to see, or run away until the effect has ended/worn off. Maybe it could even by a comm command similar to scan, but perhaps with a lower area of effect.

Also, if alien vision is sound based (sonar) then there should be some sort of effect for grenade explosions and rifle fire....(but then people would have even more of a reason to have it on all the time)
    <!--quoteo(post=1915959:date=Mar 21 2012, 05:34 PM:name=sad. Clown)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sad. Clown @ Mar 21 2012, 05:34 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1915959"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->They call it "active sonar". Maybe the marines should have some sort of sonar jamming device. Something that lets out ultra high frequency sounds to jam up alien vision, forcing the alien player to turn alien vision off if they want to see, or run away until the effect has ended/worn off. Maybe it could even by a comm command similar to scan, but perhaps with a lower area of effect.

Also, if alien vision is sound based (sonar) then there should be some sort of effect for grenade explosions and rifle fire....(but then people would have even more of a reason to have it on all the time)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yes! this is what I'm talking about! lol ya I just think that the marines should have some sort of technology they've developed just to mess with the aliens vision. Either let me be some sort of grenade or have the comm in control of using it, just something I hope to see later on in the game