Set the resolution to extremely low

Tool8Tool8 Join Date: 2012-01-01 Member: 139405Members
<div class="IPBDescription">can't change it back.</div>I accidently set the resolution to 400x300 and now the slider to change it back is no longer in the field of view. I'm stuck. I'm searching for some kind of options.xml file or something where I can change the resolution back manually, but I didn't find anything. Please help. And please remove the possibility to change the resolution to one that breaks the game.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Do the following:

- Windows key + R
    - Type this into the run command window: %appdata%\Natural Selection 2
    - Open up options.xml with notepad
    - Find (CTRL+F) "<display>"
    - Change the horizontal and vertical to something like 1280x720
    - Save the file

Go ingame and have a look at changing it to the res you want (or if you know the specific res, you could of course set it in the options.xml as well)
  • Tool8Tool8 Join Date: 2012-01-01 Member: 139405Members
    Thank you very much.

UWE, please remove the possibility to change the resolution to below 640*320 so other players don't do the same stupid thing I did. :)
  • FloodinatorFloodinator [HBZ] Member Join Date: 2005-02-22 Member: 42087Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I actually know ppl playing on this resolution, else they can't play.
  • NurEinMenschNurEinMensch Join Date: 2003-02-26 Member: 14056Members, Constellation
    I think I once ran NS2 in 320 x 200 and I had to use the magnifying glass tool to zoom it to full screen because that resolution only works in window mode. But it was fun and looked like Doom on crack. :D