TERA ONLINE

LV426-ColonistLV426-Colonist Space Jockey Join Date: 2011-08-05 Member: 114269Members, Constellation
edited April 2012 in Off-Topic
<div class="IPBDescription">Open Beta Test</div>TERA open beta test will begin on April 19th.

<a href="http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/open-beta-test" target="_blank">http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/open-beta-test</a>

Comments

• lolfighterlolfighter Snark, Dire Join Date: 2003-04-20 Member: 15693Members
    Sounds good. I'll have something to play if there isn't a GW2 beta weekend on the 20th.
  • TemphageTemphage Join Date: 2009-10-28 Member: 69158Members
    Is Tera the planet full of people who can't spell?
  • GeminosityGeminosity :3 Join Date: 2003-09-08 Member: 20667Members
    the EU lot will be doing OBT on the 19th as well (odd to have them both running simultaneously for a change :o )

On a slightly tangental note, it looks like we won't be seeing any Cyclons in tera... at least not on Samael's watch :3

<div align='center'><center><object width="450" height="356"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NNfjppYIRMo"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NNfjppYIRMo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="450" height="356"></embed></object></center>
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNfjppYIRMo" target="_blank">TERA - Announcing Michael Hogan as Samael</a></div>
    Hate to double post but apparently if you've not played in any of the previous betas you'll need to enter a key into your account to access Open beta. No worries though, the key is "TERABETA". Just create and log in to your Tera account and click 'add code' to punch that puppy in :3

Also, whether you were in beta or not, I highly advise starting up your client now as there's a hefty patch you'll need for the open beta. I'm hoping it'll have the shiny new starter experience and bosses and stuff mentioned in the <a href="http://tera.enmasse.com/new-launch-features" target="_blank">new launch features</a> page :D
    They mention new and interesting quests there. I'm somewhat sceptical but it can't be hard to improve what was already there as quests were probably the weakest part of Tera up 'til now :P

Anyhoo, I'm thinking of jumping on the EU server "Allemantheia"
    I'll likely be called "Jemma", "Eclaire", "Amy" or "May" or something along those lines and regardless of what classes I'll be dabbling in I'll be an Elin and probably doing my usual thing answering questions in general chat so I should be easy to find :3
  • LV426-ColonistLV426-Colonist Space Jockey Join Date: 2011-08-05 Member: 114269Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1926822:date=Apr 18 2012, 03:29 PM:name=Geminosity)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Geminosity @ Apr 18 2012, 03:29 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1926822"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hate to double post but apparently if you've not played in any of the previous betas you'll need to enter a key into your account to access Open beta. No worries though, the key is "TERABETA". Just create and log in to your Tera account and click 'add code' to punch that puppy in :3<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

This information is included in the link in my OP.
  • MonkfishMonkfish Sonic-boom-inducing buttcheeks of terrifying speed&#33; Join Date: 2003-06-03 Member: 16972Members
    Haven't played since CBT 1 or 2 so I might give it a quick run through before the character creation and head start next Saturday.
    <!--quoteo(post=1926865:date=Apr 18 2012, 11:38 PM:name=LV426-Colonist)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LV426-Colonist @ Apr 18 2012, 11:38 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1926865"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->This information is included in the link in my OP.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

~shrugs and smiles~
    It got the thread moving again, didn't it? :3

I'm surprised I didn't bump into you on CBT1 or 2 monk, I spent a lot of time playing during them trying to decide my class.
    I've decided that the only way to get a good feel for the classes in the CBTs, at least, was to get to 20 so I could take down a BAM and do a dungeon run. I've done that now with Priestess, Mystic, Lancer and Sorceress. In OBT I'm gonna try the same with warrior, zerker, archer and slayer so I cover all the classes... that way when retail hits I should have a fairly good idea what to pick (we only get to reserve one name I hear, so I figure I better make it count :P )

I just don't enjoy Mystic as much as I hoped/wanted to. Priestess was surprisingly fun. As was lancer (though tanking BAMs/dungeons was intense and a lil scary: I've never tanked before and couldn't tell if I was doing ok or if it was the healer keeping everyone alive) Sorc I enjoyed too actually. Kinda interesting that I'm this torn because I'm enjoying them all so much. In most other MMOs I don't enjoy the majority of the classes and so i'm left trying to pick the one that irks me the least XD
  • Konohas Perverted HermitKonohas Perverted Hermit Join Date: 2008-09-26 Member: 65075Members
    From what I've read and heard from friends is that this game is extremely Carebear. They've added a ton of safe zones in PVP servers and different channels to hide in from PKr's. Too Carebear...
  • MonkfishMonkfish Sonic-boom-inducing buttcheeks of terrifying speed&#33; Join Date: 2003-06-03 Member: 16972Members
    Because making other people feel bad over the internet is the only way to play video games huh.
  • X_StickmanX_Stickman Not good enough for a custom title. Join Date: 2003-04-15 Member: 15533Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1927111:date=Apr 19 2012, 01:24 PM:name=Monkfish)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkfish @ Apr 19 2012, 01:24 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1927111"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Because making other people feel bad over the internet is the only way to play video games huh.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Check my sig you goddamn hypocrite.
    I wouldn't know Kono, I play on the PvE servers :P

Just went through the prologue on an archer. It was interesting to start with a few more moves for a change (you initially get to play a level 20 version of your class with a few select abilities) though I was hoping it would end in a more darksouls manner... as it was the prologue just cut to cutscene just as I was fighting a second BAM which felt a bit sudden.

Seems a whole bunch of people I know are making chars on Veiik so i'm going to end up splitting my time between two servers again XD

anyhoo, my Allemantheia Archer is called 'Eclaire', so feel free to friend her :D
  • Konohas Perverted HermitKonohas Perverted Hermit Join Date: 2008-09-26 Member: 65075Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1927111:date=Apr 19 2012, 05:24 AM:name=Monkfish)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkfish @ Apr 19 2012, 05:24 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1927111"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Because making other people feel bad over the internet is the only way to play video games huh.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Then they shouldn't play PvP servers. To ruin a PvP server for Carebears that play there just because they are too dumb to know the difference between PvE and PvP, is just lame.

Not only that but hey Tera Online, has this massively awesome world but lets add a Dungeon Finder and Dungeon Gear so you never see it.
    <!--quoteo(post=1927429:date=Apr 20 2012, 12:56 AM:name=X_Stickman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (X_Stickman @ Apr 20 2012, 12:56 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1927429"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Check my sig you goddamn hypocrite.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It's not hypocritical to make christians feel bad because they deserve it. Especially in video games.
  • LV426-ColonistLV426-Colonist Space Jockey Join Date: 2011-08-05 Member: 114269Members, Constellation
    edited April 2012
    just played for a bit after the extraordinarily long patch download.

Wasn't expecting much and that's what I got. Pass on this game.
    Made a character on Velkia :3
    That's my priestess 'Amy' made on Velik too now :D
  • ThansalThansal The New Scum Join Date: 2002-08-22 Member: 1215Members, Constellation
    Any one from NA Intending to play?
    <!--quoteo(post=1929836:date=Apr 26 2012, 01:02 AM:name=Geminosity)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Geminosity @ Apr 26 2012, 01:02 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1929836"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->That's my priestess 'Amy' made on Velik too now :D<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Added you! I'm Veyana. Although you're probably lost to GW2 by now :I
  • rantologyrantology Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143750Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    edited April 2012
    GORGEous and I are rolling on Basilisk Crag server (US). The game is fairly entertaining so far~
    Dunno about being lost to GW2: I'm kinda bored of it already, but i keep poking it to try and work out what class to play for retail. So far I have a lot more fun in Tera. I'll definitely be bouncing between the two games all weekend though :3
  • ThansalThansal The New Scum Join Date: 2002-08-22 Member: 1215Members, Constellation
    As I have no interest in playing on a PvP server, It looks like I'm ending upon Frost Reach
    I'd love to play with you than, but alas, EU servers for moi :3
    Yup, still kinda bitter that all the people I know who play MMOs and such are European...

I got lucky and one of my RL friends picked it up as well.

I'm mainly playing a lancer, and still love their mechanics.

However I tried out a Sorc very briefly yesterday. I rushed through the first few quests to catch up to a friend playing a slayer and then did a couple quests with him. Sorcs are hilarious, at least at low levels. Things just blow up before they get any where near you.
    Heh, I found the sorc surprisingly fun :3
    To be honest, the only class that's not really grabbed me so far is the archer. Not sure why but I just can't get excited about that class.

I can definitely see myself playing through again on new characters once i max out my priest. Question of what my 2nd char will be, though, I''m not sure XD
    At the moment I'm thinking possibly Lancer, Sorc, Zerk or Warrior, but we'll see when the time comes. I can't see me hitting cap any time soon :3
    edited May 2012
    Hate to double post but it's worth mentioning that on Velik (EU server) there's a "King and Queen of Velik" competition on the go.
    Prizes include a free 60 day sub to Tera :D

Check it out and lemme know what you think of my entry (think it's on the 4th page ;D )

<a href="https://forum.tera-europe.com/showthread.php?t=81217" target="_blank">https://forum.tera-europe.com/showthread.php?t=81217</a>

Good luck if you're entering! Closing date is Monday :3