Private server for new players

[Ns:R]Boa_Hawk[Ns:R]Boa_Hawk Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151984Members
Hi all,

The [Ns:R] Clan is opening its private server to newbie players looking to learn the game without the grief of more experienced players owning them.
We all know it can be frustrating to keep dying every minute without a clue what's going on!
So send us a PM and we'll be happy to provide the password and help you out in game so you can enjoy NS2 to the fullest.

Comments

• MooJrMooJr Join Date: 2011-10-18 Member: 128100Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Cool idea. Hope you guys can keep this up until more of a tutorial system can be implemented in the game.
  • [Ns:R]Boa_Hawk[Ns:R]Boa_Hawk Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151984Members
    we'll keep it up for as long as its needed, been on a few servers where the newbies just get abused for playing and thats just not right.
  • MeatPopsicleMeatPopsicle Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151996Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    Anyone else willing to coach would of course be very welcome as we can't always be playing (sadly ^_^)

Hopefully we can use this forum as a way to organise a few group learner matches, so don't be shy!
  • BicsumBicsum Join Date: 2012-02-27 Member: 147596Members, Reinforced - Gold
    Squad5 worthy!

Just one question: How is the performance of your server?

PS: If you intend to have your server password protected, I guess you will have problems filling the server with new players, because most of them will not check this forum. I suggest you make it public and kick the players who don't belong there.
  • [Ns:R]Boa_Hawk[Ns:R]Boa_Hawk Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151984Members
    we only got the server yesterday so we're still testing performance (its public at the moment).

we will probably keep it public and ask for help from other players to moderate it and kick/ban players as needed.
  • RairikuRairiku Join Date: 2012-09-01 Member: 157279Members
    great idea, just got the game yesterday... and i know the exact feeling i usually go 0/20 or so every game -.-
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    <!--quoteo(post=1969923:date=Sep 2 2012, 05:54 AM:name=Rairiku)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rairiku @ Sep 2 2012, 05:54 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1969923"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->great idea, just got the game yesterday... and i know the exact feeling i usually go 0/20 or so every game -.-<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

So do i, i have a ###### computer :P - So i play for the team opjectives, killing rts, powernodes and other unprotected stuff.
  • Hunter.S.T.Hunter.S.T. Join Date: 2012-05-26 Member: 152596Members
    edited September 2012
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->PS: If you intend to have your server password protected, I guess you will have problems filling the server with new players, because most of them will not check this forum. I suggest you make it public and kick the players who don't belong there.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

+1

All in had a "noobs learn here" server, as far as i could see, really good players were quite respectful, and left it well alone, i went there myself a few times to try n help teh noobies learn, talk em through their first time in the comm chair.

Natural selection is the kind of game that encourages a great deal of help for new players, because if you have a complete noob on your team, ur basically a man down, so helping them out is in everyones best interests.

In pubs I quite often like taking the comm position on a team that are vastly outskilled, and i have seen many fine players rage quit against a team of noobs with aim, who can take direction well enough to be well coordinated.

This is why most good players dont want to play on a noob server, unless they are in the mood to help, because you stand the increased chance of gettin pwned through no fault of your own, and not having a very gg. It requires quite an epic player to carry a whole team, and they certianly cant perform this feat every match.

Putting "Noob Only Server" or "New Player Server" in the title, would probably be sufficient, and would help a lot of noobs who havent found this forum.
  • CidmanCidman Join Date: 2005-01-07 Member: 33606Members
    Is this still going on? I'm alright as a marine, but absolutely horrible as an alien and would love some help learning how to attack as an alien.

It seems all the (rookie friendly) servers these days have clan people or just plain good people who go 30-4 and aren't fun to play against. There is a difference between being able to learn and just getting stomped.

Anyway, thanks for any reply.
  • VitdomVitdom Join Date: 2012-04-30 Member: 151345Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited October 2012
    Don't worry, it's a closed beta and everyone knows it in the community and little is thought about new players coming/starting playing NOW(before release). You could always enlighten them about the 'rookie friendly' configuration of the current server. This status will hopefully be respected by everyone upon release.
  • Highlander92Highlander92 Join Date: 2012-10-13 Member: 162257Members
    This pleases me :D although i think i'll probably end up on UWE's official servers.
  • BlindgaBlindga Join Date: 2012-10-21 Member: 162931Members
    Sounds nice. Too bad I missed the Beta...
  • upperdemoonupperdemoon Join Date: 2012-10-22 Member: 163147Members
    I don't have it yet actually :( but after i have it i would love to join :D
  • [NoiseX][NoiseX] Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165207Members
    edited October 2012
    Is this invitation valid yet? Because I LOVE this game but I've only played 11 hours in my whole life. Today. (Is the server in EU or US?)
  • MrDuckNuggetsMrDuckNuggets Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164620Members
    It would be nice to know if the server is US or EU based, also I would love to know if it is still running?
    I play a lot on the rookie friendly servers as i have racked up only 10 hours of gameplay and I am still getting used to the FPS systems of marines and learning the ins and outs of the different alien lifeforms but it seems as though they are being filled up quickly by people who do not talk and give advice or directive, not only am I saying this about voice chat but there will be no teamwork in the (y (team)) chat either which makes me feel that there is no teamwork from anyone.
    going onto a rookie friendly server and being owned by people at a much higher skill level than myself is not very proactive to teaching new players how to control all of the lifeforms, let alone for a new commander trying to learn their role if there is no communication between everyone and players are unforgiving to the first time/learning commanders.

What I am trying to say is that it would be nice if the rookie friendly servers were just that.

On another note I would like to join this private server (I have not actually joined any private server yet as I have them filtered and only play on official servers) so if someone could confirm which server it is and what the password (I assume there is still one on?) is I would be very grateful.

<i>~ MrDuckNuggets ~</i>
  • peacemaker420peacemaker420 Join Date: 2012-11-06 Member: 167769Members
    eu server on 83.81.42.2:27015 for any newbies looking to learn the game :)