Armory glitch

driecg36driecg36 Join Date: 2012-05-28 Member: 152679Members
This bug is VERY annoying because i cannot use the armory at all. When i open the interface, the options are there, and i have the resources, but when i click on the things i want to buy, NOTHING HAPPENS. This is just an armory problem, as I can evolve as an alien or buy a jetpack, so i would appreciate a bugfix or help if i'm doing this wrong. ( I may just be an idiot and missing the huge "Buy this item" key, however)

Comments

• BroseidonBroseidon Join Date: 2011-07-18 Member: 110935Members
    Two questions.
    1. Did you try to buy a Grenade Launcher or flamethrower? Cause you can only buy those two from an Advanced Armory not a regular one. There is not a very obvious indicator that you can't buy those two weapons from a regular armory currently.

2. Did your commander research the weapons or equipment you wanted to buy? The weapons that are not researched yet should have a red color.
    Sorry if I treat you like a dummy but this seems to be more of a confusion than a bug seeing that you are a relative new user to this forum and probably to the game as well :)
    But I could be wrong though.
  • driecg36driecg36 Join Date: 2012-05-28 Member: 152679Members
    No, the weapons were clearly available and ALL the items were unbuyable, but others were using them. (I don't really mind that, as I AM a noob, and it might just be confusion, but i seem to be the only one who cannot buy anything, but i have tired everything i thought of.)
    OK, now i know what the glitch is (because i saw somebody else play this on youtube. The glitch is that the information screen overlaps the buying tabs, so i can look at the information for each weapon, but not actually BUY them. I hope this is fixed soon, but i still love this game :D
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Just a few questions though:

- What resolution are you playing
    - Are you playing in a window and resizing it using a third party application or mod
    - Could you provide a screenshot or video.

Also you're not running the menumod right? I just want to make sure it is indeed NS2 and not a mod :)
    It IS NS2, runned by Steam, and not a mod. I have tried both windowed and fullscreen, though neither bore any success. Changing the resolution, however, fixed the problem, since i had put on the lowesr resolution by accident, so it's a minor bug. Thanks again, and sorry for bothering you a second time.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited June 2012
    I've seen NS2 vanilla have trouble with resolutions below 800x600, around that range or lower. So going above that res should indeed fix it. In theory it shouldn't have an impact on your performance going to 1280x1024 or 1280x720. Unless your video card is an integrate toy or very oldschool.