Comm Station

skycreationsskycreations Join Date: 2012-05-22 Member: 152451Members
<div class="IPBDescription">comm chair bugs out.</div>Hey,

I have been working on making my first map ever using the map builder. everything seems to be working and functional except for the fact that when you jump into the comm station/hive you get bugged out at a really close distance. With such a small community and hours looking for a solution online I have decided its time to post and see if someone can give me a hand.

Thanks for your time guys,

Elysia

Comments

• BlasphemyBlasphemy Join Date: 2008-05-02 Member: 64201Members, NS2 Playtester, Subnautica Playtester
    Do you have a minimap extent entity and commander camera entities in your map?
  • skycreationsskycreations Join Date: 2012-05-22 Member: 152451Members
    minimap extents covers the playable map area and the commander camera is above the marine start set at 300. anything else?
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    The gamerules entity.
    its hovering near marine start.
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    Well then, did you generate the overview?
  • BlasphemyBlasphemy Join Date: 2008-05-02 Member: 64201Members, NS2 Playtester, Subnautica Playtester
    edited June 2012
    If you haven't, I recommend making a .bat file in your Natural Selection 2 directory and naming it something along the lines of "Overview Minimap Compiler.bat"

From there, I'd edit the .bat file and give it this (below) for contents. Be sure to tailor the directory in order to work with your computer. Ex: If you are using a 32 bit version of windows, I would remove the (x86). I would also change the level name to whatever your level is titled. From there, just run the .bat and if everything goes smoothly, it will create an overview of your map.

Overview.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\natural selection 2\ns2\maps\ns2_goliath.level" ns2
    THANKS!

Thanks that did it!

now I just have to sort out why my console has a million particle errors.

gg.

(also can the current build support downloading of custom maps or would I have to post my maps on the forum/online?)
    edited June 2012
    The current build currently supports publishing your map. Unfortunately there seems to be a problem where steam isn't remembering anyone's subscriptions.

More information is probably bound to show up in this thread <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=118717" target="_blank">here</a>