Weapon Costs

2»

Comments

• CorpseyCorpsey Join Date: 2011-07-02 Member: 107538Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1943259:date=Jun 14 2012, 05:41 AM:name=Arkanti)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Arkanti @ Jun 14 2012, 05:41 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1943259"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Would be much more useful than roosting.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Indeed..

The only cost I think that should be decreased is the flamethrower.. it's pretty useless for firepower so oftentimes when you die with it a chain of events start happening where someone else will pick it up even though the rifle they were holding is more effective.. then it has to be reloaded.. at which point the new wielder usually dies.. repeat until they figure out it's not worth attempting to pick up and by then they've been buying shotguns just to try to clear a path so the original player that bought it can pick it up and by then the game is over because all the while the aliens were pushing in with structures. Perhaps its damage could be raised a bit instead.. but not to the point of flamethrower lightsabres again please lol
  • 1dominator11dominator1 Join Date: 2010-11-19 Member: 75011Members
    Flamer isn't for damage, please don't buff it. It is and should be a support weapon/anti building weapon. ATM it is fairly effective in these roles, definitely worth to bring one or two along on your excursions as marines.
  • TheIcarusKidTheIcarusKid Join Date: 2012-03-23 Member: 149258Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1943312:date=Jun 14 2012, 10:22 AM:name=1dominator1)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (1dominator1 @ Jun 14 2012, 10:22 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1943312"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Flamer isn't for damage, please don't buff it. It is and should be a support weapon/anti building weapon. ATM it is fairly effective in these roles, definitely worth to bring one or two along on your excursions as marines.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    It should have its building damage buffed then. I was gorge earlier defending a wall of lame against a FT marine, and the damage he was doing was laughable.
  • GORGEousGORGEous Join Date: 2012-02-19 Member: 146762Members, NS2 Map Tester
    <!--quoteo(post=1943433:date=Jun 14 2012, 08:03 PM:name=TheIcarusKid)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheIcarusKid @ Jun 14 2012, 08:03 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1943433"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It should have its building damage buffed then. I was gorge earlier defending a wall of lame against a FT marine, and the damage he was doing was laughable.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Every weapon does laughable damage against decent gorge walls, except the GL. And the GL is fully countered by a single whip typically.
  • RowenRowen Join Date: 2012-05-04 Member: 151545Members
    I suggested in another thread that the FT would have a clear niche if was kept as it is and also if it made alien structures not work while on fire. This would mean that while a marine with a FT keeps a cluster of whips ignited the rest of the team can axe or bombard them. It would help with dealing with whip spam without ARCs, and along with the energy denial it has against lifeforms woul dplace it firmly as a support weapon.
  • rantologyrantology Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143750Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    <!--quoteo(post=1943502:date=Jun 15 2012, 12:13 AM:name=Rowen)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rowen @ Jun 15 2012, 12:13 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1943502"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I suggested in another thread that the FT would have a clear niche if was kept as it is and also if it made alien structures not work while on fire. This would mean that while a marine with a FT keeps a cluster of whips ignited the rest of the team can axe or bombard them. It would help with dealing with whip spam without ARCs, and along with the energy denial it has against lifeforms woul dplace it firmly as a support weapon.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I think it was supposed to 'disable' whips so that they are unable to fling back grenades, I don't know if that's still planned though.
  • WilsonWilson Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 72867Members
    IMO whips shouldn't throw nades back now that the GL is a separate weapon.

The flamethrower is just a bad weapon and will always be bad. I wish they'd remove it already rather than keeping it in because it's "cool to burn stuff".