Docking would be better with Relocation

Master BlasterMaster Blaster Join Date: 2012-03-17 Member: 148908Banned
edited June 2012 in NS2 General Discussion
<div class="IPBDescription">Relocate to Ball Court or The Onos Bar</div>Docking needs the ability to relocate command stations everywhere. It's a great map and if we could relocate it would multiply its replayability by 1000 times. I have not seen anyone say this is not a good idea. Everyone thinks it is.

<b>This is the elephant in the room.</b>

If you don't know what that expression means....then...I quit.

It's a question of freedom and replay value. All maps should have the ability to relocate everywhere. I know the Command Stations are large in NS2, but it's a question of function over form. It looks "prettier" or more uniform to have predetermined locations where Command Stations may be placed, but the gameplay is much more fun and replayable when you can establish bases anywhere on the map.

Comments

• Arkahm719Arkahm719 Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151988Members
    i know what you mean, seems like its really split so the aliens have an easy 3 hives to get while marines have the lower half
  • GORGEousGORGEous Join Date: 2012-02-19 Member: 146762Members, NS2 Map Tester
    If relocating anywhere is allowed in NS2, then nanobuild needs a huge nerf. You shouldn't be able to relocate in 5 seconds with nanobuild.
  • 1dominator11dominator1 Join Date: 2010-11-19 Member: 75011Members
    Are the spawns fixed like they are in Mineshaft? So rines always spawn on 1 of 3 TPs while aliens on one of the other 3?
  • .ADHd.ADHd Join Date: 2012-02-18 Member: 146565Members
    I hope UWE get's relocations in place by next build. The changes to the res system and marine relocations are really the only things I am looking forward to in NS2 atm... other than good performance on my machine.

I'm sure exo's will be nice, but droppable comm chairs is going to be legendary.
  • MisterNubsMisterNubs Join Date: 2012-03-01 Member: 147912Members
    edited June 2012
    If I assume correctly from what I've seen, Hives and Com Chairs are only going to support 3 resource towers each. Each additional hive/com chair supporting an additional 3 resource towers.

Meaning free reign relocation isn't going to happen.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->If relocating anywhere is allowed in NS2, then nanobuild needs a huge nerf. You shouldn't be able to relocate in 5 seconds with nanobuild.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Or nano-construction can just be removed altogether. Relocation or not.
  • mushookeesmushookees Join Date: 2008-03-26 Member: 63967Members
    or just make nanoconstruction an upgrade therefore you wont be able to use it at the start of the game, you would have to upgrade it, say for example, at the robotics factory