Improve FPS?

L34DL34D Join Date: 2007-12-28 Member: 63280Members
hi guys,
Have a simple question. How to improve the FPS in my own maps? Are there some tips in general to improve the FPS especially in open world areas? I know that the engine is build for indoor maps etc.

But Summit and Docking have an outdoor area and it runs quiet smooth. In my Map i have only 13 fps in an outdoor area.

Comments

• quazilinquazilin Join Date: 2002-11-25 Member: 9880Members, Contributor, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Could u give somekind of screenshots of your area? It would help alot.
    Of course basic stuff would be that you remove all the detailed props that are far away. Make the doorways so that it renders
    less polygons from the inside areas etc.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Don't forget to make occlusion geometry very tight to your actual geo.
  • zombiehellmonkeyzombiehellmonkey Join Date: 2007-08-31 Member: 62093Members, Squad Five Blue
    edited June 2012
    Screenshot of your area with and without the occlusion geometry would help. If you're using lots of shadow casting spotlights on rock props that would cause a lot of slowdown too. You can select the props and set Cast Shadows to 'False', otherwise reduce the number of spotlights.