binds

DrFlammableDrFlammable Join Date: 2012-04-18 Member: 150705Members
edited June 2012 in NS2 General Discussion
<div class="IPBDescription">config files and menumod</div>is there something in ns2 that's similar to executing config files in the source or goldsrc (hl1) engine? I want to have different binds for commander and player modes but having to go into the menu and rebind whenever i switch is cumbersome. ideally i'd like it to switch automatically when i jump in or out of the comm chair but if there's something like "exec config.cfg" to load my binds from file in ns2 that'd be good too.

also kind of related: i'm using the non flash menu mod and some times (mostly after I crash but not always) it resets my binds and sensitivity to settings and binds I have used in the recent past but not the most recent I set up. I think this might have something to do with the steam cloud trying to reload old binds? I have no idea. having the ability to execute config files would render this mostly a non-issue for me, too.

Comments

• eh?eh? Join Date: 2012-03-03 Member: 147997Members
    You can do it in menumod atm, inside the autoexec folder you can put lists of console commands to be executed on server connect, game load, menu load, etc...

I don't think there is support for executing those scripts on demand in the middle of a game though.
  • fsfodfsfod uk Join Date: 2004-04-09 Member: 27810Members, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    <!--quoteo(post=1946194:date=Jun 24 2012, 12:07 AM:name=DrFlammable)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DrFlammable @ Jun 24 2012, 12:07 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1946194"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->also kind of related: i'm using the non flash menu mod and some times (mostly after I crash but not always) it resets my binds to binds I have used in the recent past but not the most recent I set up. I think this might have something to do with the steam cloud trying to reload old binds? I have no idea. having the ability to execute config files would render this mostly a non-issue for me, too.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

In the next version of my mod keybind storage will be switched to my own settings storage system so this is much less likely to happen. Also in the new version will be support for setting secondary keys for binds and you will be able to bind a modiferkey+key like ctl+Q
  • MestaritonttuMestaritonttu Join Date: 2004-07-29 Member: 30229Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    I hope we will have a separate keybinds menu for comm mode, since it's painfully obvious the mixed bindings don't play nice together.
  • JibrailJibrail Join Date: 2009-04-16 Member: 67200Members
    might not be realated but,Ive tweeted Charlie about steamcloud save for keybindings + multiple profiles hope he do it.
  • MrYiffMrYiff Join Date: 2004-08-24 Member: 30867Members, NS2 Playtester
    the big hold back for expanding the amount of keybinds and options available was always because of the old flash menu and the effort that was needed to edit it, now that its finally been replaced it is a lot easier to expand the various options menus so more keybinds should be added and exposed as we start the polishing phase before release.