Flickering Spark Editor?

ShakerShaker Join Date: 2002-11-21 Member: 9582Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
So, is this a known bug where the spark editor flickers like crazy as you move your mouse around the editor? Just started after this last patch. =[

Comments

• [AwE]Sentinel[AwE]Sentinel Join Date: 2012-06-05 Member: 152949Members
    Do you mean with flickers that lights go out, faces and props vanish and only the lines are remaining when you move your view to a certain angle? Or the flicker of light that changes depending on the camera distance to the light? Or the light that flickers through a connected wall like a crazy disco show. Or do you mean texture/prop flickers where two textures/props fight for the right to be seen? :D

If you mean any of these, I have them since I started using the editor ;)

- Texture/prop flickers can be solved by deleting one of the two overlapping things or by moving one of them slightly away from the other.
    - Light flickering could be solved by adjusting the Max Distance of the related light entity or setting shados to true and the Shadow Fade Rate to a small number like 0.005.
    - But if you mean that the whole editor is crazy and faces/lights/props are jumping between the dimensions, I figured out that adding occlusion geometry to the map/room
    can solve this.

You may know all this, but maybe I could help a bit.
  • YuukiYuuki Join Date: 2010-11-20 Member: 75079Members
    It's a novel kind of flickering, it's like the light intensity is changing very rapidly.
  • JimWestJimWest Join Date: 2010-01-03 Member: 69865Members, Reinforced - Silver
    It's easy to fix that.
    Click on the "Perspective" and deselect "Show post processing"
  • schkorpioschkorpio I can mspaint Join Date: 2003-05-23 Member: 16635Members
    nice, thanks for that jim
  • ShakerShaker Join Date: 2002-11-21 Member: 9582Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited July 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1951217:date=Jul 13 2012, 05:39 AM:name=JimWest)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JimWest @ Jul 13 2012, 05:39 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1951217"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It's easy to fix that.
    Click on the "Perspective" and deselect "Show post processing"<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thanks!

<!--quoteo(post=1951214:date=Jul 13 2012, 05:34 AM:name=[AwE]Sentinel)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE ([AwE]Sentinel @ Jul 13 2012, 05:34 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1951214"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
    Do you mean with flickers that lights go out, faces and props vanish and only the lines are remaining when you move your view to a certain angle? Or the flicker of light that changes depending on the camera distance to the light? Or the light that flickers through a connected wall like a crazy disco show. Or do you mean texture/prop flickers where two textures/props fight for the right to be seen? :D

If you mean any of these, I have them since I started using the editor ;)

- Texture/prop flickers can be solved by deleting one of the two overlapping things or by moving one of them slightly away from the other.
    - Light flickering could be solved by adjusting the Max Distance of the related light entity or setting shados to true and the Shadow Fade Rate to a small number like 0.005.
    - But if you mean that the whole editor is crazy and faces/lights/props are jumping between the dimensions, I figured out that adding occlusion geometry to the map/room
    can solve this.

You may know all this, but maybe I could help a bit.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah I've dealt with those issues too, but it seems post processing just makes the windows flicker for me since the last update. =[
  • duxdux Tea Lady Join Date: 2003-12-14 Member: 24371Members, NS2 Developer
    It's a bug created from something else Max has been working on. As mentioned, you can just turn PP off for now until it is fixed.
  • ShakerShaker Join Date: 2002-11-21 Member: 9582Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
  • NeuroPixelNeuroPixel Join Date: 2012-07-15 Member: 154141Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Thanks, been searching for a fix for this! :)
  • Trainee.gerTrainee.ger Join Date: 2011-05-22 Member: 100097Members
    turning pp off, doesnt solve the problem for me. But its not that annoying, i can continue mapping, so its ok for me for the moment