Score works unaccurate

Mr.GreedyMr.Greedy Join Date: 2012-07-21 Member: 154270Members
edited July 2012 in Ideas and Suggestions
Why weve got a playerscore? It displays the effectivity and/or skill in the battle, right?

For example: Crushing enemy RTs as a skulk is boring. And its a bit anoying if u spend your time to bring down a RT to 10 % and a random skulk comming and grab the points after 2-3 bites. The score works not accurate. Its only"GET THE LAST HIT". Same thing to kill a player.

In my opinion it must depends to damage u did. Like 400 buildingdmg = 1 point. Or 35 damage deal to an enemy marine = 1 point. Marineplayers need another structure to get points. Doing 35 dmg to a skulk and 35 dmg to an Onos is not the same thing .

Sry for my bad english. I hope its clear what i mean :>.

Edit: There are a few things in the game that gives no points. Like healing with gorge or welding as marine. That also need a fix.

Comments

• GORGEousGORGEous Join Date: 2012-02-19 Member: 146762Members, NS2 Map Tester
    edited July 2012
    While score does need a revamp to make it more accurate, you can never make it completely accurate. The simple fix is to not invest too much opinion into the score. It means less than kill and even kills don't necessarily mean much.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    kills shouldn't mean much, score = impact on game (or it should), and i can impact a game more by building a resource tower, than someone can by killing 5 skulks right outside the enemy hive.
    Score should be represented better for those who prioritise helping the team, instead of their kdr.
  • GORGEousGORGEous Join Date: 2012-02-19 Member: 146762Members, NS2 Map Tester
    <!--quoteo(post=1953065:date=Jul 22 2012, 06:41 AM:name=AuroN2)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AuroN2 @ Jul 22 2012, 06:41 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1953065"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->kills shouldn't mean much, score = impact on game (or it should), and i can impact a game more by building a resource tower, than someone can by killing 5 skulks right outside the enemy hive.
    Score should be represented better for those who prioritise helping the team, instead of their kdr.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Killing 5 skulks outside of the alien hive could mean you've just taken 5 players out of the game for 30 seconds. That's kind of huge as it can give your team map control for the next few minutes.

Kills don't necessarily mean much, but then again neither do the points. Those 5 kills could have been you camping 1 skulk and accomplished effectively nothing. I could do nothing but attack powernodes and get more points than someone who goes 10-0 and solos 5 extractors. It's impossible to make a truly accurate scoring metric, but dismissing kills as not meaning much is willfully inaccurate.