Choose evolutions while dead

Mr.GreedyMr.Greedy Join Date: 2012-07-21 Member: 154270Members
edited July 2012 in Ideas and Suggestions
Easy thing. Topic says all. Its boring and annoying to spend my time after every respawn to choose my evolutions and watching on this egg for a few seconds. When i am alive i wanna eat marines immediately :> .

A further idea is to save selected evolutions for the next respawns.

Comments

• LPCLPC Join Date: 2002-04-07 Member: 384Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    something that needs mentioning: during a rush to the hive by marines, aliens have a disadvantage when they respawn because they have usually no time (or a safe place) to evolve evolutions. so fresh spawned skulks can easily be taken out since they have no carapace.

I think this mechanic adds to the depth of choosing your evolutions. by not evolving, you can save some possibly critical seconds... also for example when you want to go back to munching that extractor ASAP.

however, all the above is a tiny difference to what you're suggesting.... dunno.
  • Cee Colon SlashCee Colon Slash Join Date: 2012-05-25 Member: 152581Members
    Just let me choose which egg / hive I spawn at, that's enough for me.
  • deathmongerdeathmonger Join Date: 2012-07-06 Member: 153953Members
    That is a good point. Marines spawn automatically with their upgrades but aliens don't. I never really thought about that because during a hive rush like that you're pretty much screwed--but maybe getting to choose your upgrades while dead would help sway that a little more.
  • OscarTheCouchOscarTheCouch Join Date: 2005-01-10 Member: 34647Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    I hope this is looked at also, sounds like a great idea.
  • schkorpioschkorpio I can mspaint Join Date: 2003-05-23 Member: 16635Members
    this is something I always wanted in NS1. its a bit boring spectating for 10 seconds or so as well, so you should have access to to evolution menu - you don't have to use it - but if you do, you simply add the evolution time to your spawn time, but you spawn with your upgrades or whatever creature you want.

I also think choosing your egg / hive somehow would be beneficial.
  • Cee Colon SlashCee Colon Slash Join Date: 2012-05-25 Member: 152581Members
    Actually I like the mechanic the way it is; marines are similarly limited in that they have to spawn with rifle, and buy alternate weapons.
  • WorthyRivalWorthyRival Black Armor Division Join Date: 2006-11-07 Member: 58470Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I can understand the reasons behind forcing aliens taking time to evolve. You're a lifeform, Asymmetry. But there is no reason that the evolve feature cannot be tied into the waiting to spawn queue to cut down on a players down time. It's just not fun all the extra waiting after already waiting.

I'd also like to see 2nd 3rd an 4th hives used as incubators. Players could enter these spare hives and evolve much faster inside them.
    Asking a commander for mist can be tedious and spending 70 res to sit out in the open is just stupid. Entering a hive to evole faster seems more intuitive rather than asking to get misted. Also protection for higher lifeforms evolving.
  • mushookeesmushookees Join Date: 2008-03-26 Member: 63967Members
    edited July 2012
    *** Take Aliens to egg view after they die
    *** they can choose which hive/egg they want to spawn at whilst in the spawn que
    *** they are allowed to enter the evolve menu and choose upgrades to spawn with for the SKULK ONLY (marine dont spawn with jp's/exo/GL ... why should aliens spawn as higher lifeforms ? )
  • MiniH0wieMiniH0wie Join Date: 2007-11-25 Member: 63013Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1953738:date=Jul 25 2012, 08:47 PM:name=Cee Colon Slash)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cee Colon Slash @ Jul 25 2012, 08:47 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1953738"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Actually I like the mechanic the way it is; marines are similarly limited in that they have to spawn with rifle, and buy alternate weapons.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Except that Marines spawn w/ full weapons/armor upgrades and Aliens have to evolve for Carapace, etc. It only takes Marines about ~10sec to get their weapons, JPs and be off where as Aliens take a lifetime to evolve into anything higher than a Lerk.
  • RiseRise Join Date: 2012-04-17 Member: 150595Members
    Choosing which area to spawn in is essential if they expect us to take advantage of shift's egg producing feature to push the frontlines.
  • Mr.GreedyMr.Greedy Join Date: 2012-07-21 Member: 154270Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1953939:date=Jul 26 2012, 08:57 AM:name=Rise)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rise @ Jul 26 2012, 08:57 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1953939"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Choosing which area to spawn in is essential if they expect us to take advantage of shift's egg producing feature to push the frontlines.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

This.

But in my opinion the khammander have to choose those eggs. He just leftclick an egg, press the specialbutton and its highlighted on the khammander screen and next alien wave comming right there.