Crashing often when switching to line tool

ShakerShaker Join Date: 2002-11-21 Member: 9582Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
Recently I have been crashing out of the editor at random times when switch to the line tool. Get a windows "this program has stopped working" error and have to force close. I tried searching around but looking for "Crash" in a beta forums turns up a ton of stuff. Is this a common issue? Does it have to do with there being a lot of geometry on the screen?

Comments

• schkorpioschkorpio I can mspaint Join Date: 2003-05-23 Member: 16635Members
    Hi shaker - I get the same thing. When I switch between the line tool and another tool often, selecting the line tool will crash the editor for me. I haven't looked into exactly what triggers it, so I get into a habbit of pressing CTRL+S before I select the line tool., as well as trying to use the line tool as much as possible without switching over to another tool to minimize the crashing.
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I just got into the habit of clicking ctrl+S to save the map after every change. The editor can be pretty buggy and has a tendency to crash quite a bit. If you find a specific order of commands/actions that always (or almost always) causes the crash, post the repro steps so we can make a proper report.
  • CetmeCetme Join Date: 2010-10-05 Member: 74325Members
    Had the same problem. :/
  • Soylent_greenSoylent_green Join Date: 2002-12-20 Member: 11220Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited July 2012
    I don't think it's the line tool, I think it's when you switch from the select tool to any other tool(I think the crash has something to do with closing the right side-panel). I usually use the move tool to select and delete things, unfortunately flipping faces requires the select tool.
  • ShakerShaker Join Date: 2002-11-21 Member: 9582Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    It does seem to happen when that edit box pops up on the right..

Ah well, ill stick to saving every 30 seconds =p