Is ns2 going to come out for consoles? (ps3 mainly)

RtronRtron Join Date: 2012-08-02 Member: 154545Members
if it is great if it isn't dang it

Comments

• HuzeHuze Insightful Join Date: 2003-11-12 Member: 22724Members, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    If it's going to make it to console at all, it will be years from now. I wouldn't get your hopes up.
  • AtoneAtone Join Date: 2009-09-21 Member: 68839Members
    The devs have expressed interest in doing so, particularly for xbox. But as said, it won't be until significantly after launch and only if they make enough money to do so.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    I would personaly be much more interested i ns2 came out on the OUYA than the xbox or ps3.
  • CobraCommanderCobraCommander Join Date: 2012-07-30 Member: 154472Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1955810:date=Aug 1 2012, 10:52 PM:name=AuroN2)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AuroN2 @ Aug 1 2012, 10:52 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1955810"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I would personaly be much more interested i ns2 came out on the OUYA than the xbox or ps3.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I thought the OUYA was a scam. I haven't heard anything else about it. If it isn't a scam, more power to the OUYA.
  • RtronRtron Join Date: 2012-08-02 Member: 154545Members
    oh well ill just hunker down and wait for the game to come to consoles then...oh and if your reading this developers PLEASE dont make it an exclusive xbox/ps3 title i hate it when that happens it just derives other gamers of a good game
  • NakorsonNakorson Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140253Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1955813:date=Aug 2 2012, 01:55 AM:name=CobraCommander)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CobraCommander @ Aug 2 2012, 01:55 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1955813"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I thought the OUYA was a scam. I haven't heard anything else about it. If it isn't a scam, more power to the OUYA.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It could run on the OUYA if NS2 would come to OnLive, but since NS2 will only be available on Steam i doubt that.

Also i would see the problem of 2 different inputs. The pc players would in most cases be superior to the console gamers since they use a mouse and keyboard. The console gamers would extra servers only for console gamers. Also i don't know how well the commander interface works with a controller.
  • CobraCommanderCobraCommander Join Date: 2012-07-30 Member: 154472Members
    I wouldn't play many PC games with a console Controller. I was thinking they'll allow Mouse/Keyboard support. Oh well.
  • NakorsonNakorson Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140253Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1955854:date=Aug 2 2012, 04:03 AM:name=CobraCommander)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CobraCommander @ Aug 2 2012, 04:03 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1955854"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I wouldn't play many PC games with a console Controller. I was thinking they'll allow Mouse/Keyboard support. Oh well.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The Ouya? i don't know about that but i think they will allow mouse/keyboard.
  • BroseidonBroseidon Join Date: 2011-07-18 Member: 110935Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1955842:date=Aug 2 2012, 10:39 AM:name=Nakorson)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nakorson @ Aug 2 2012, 10:39 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1955842"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Also i don't know how well the commander interface works with a controller.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I have played halo wars and LOTR;Battle for middelearth 2 on console with controller. dropping building and researching stuff worked fine but trying to micro around units was very frustrating and you basically ended up attacking with everything in one giant ball and letting them hammer eachother. but since ns2 doesn't involve much micro it should be ok. but yeah they will probably need to remake the comm interference if they port to console.

@Op: as huze said I wouldn't get your hopes up. They are a small team and porting a game recuires more work than you might think. But if ns2 sells good on pc I would guess a console port might come.
    <!--quoteo(post=1955867:date=Aug 2 2012, 05:38 AM:name=Broseidon)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Broseidon @ Aug 2 2012, 05:38 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1955867"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I have played halo wars and LOTR;Battle for middelearth 2 on console with controller. dropping building and researching stuff worked fine but trying to micro around units was very frustrating and you basically ended up attacking with everything in one giant ball and letting them hammer eachother. but since ns2 doesn't involve much micro it should be ok. but yeah they will probably need to remake the comm interference if they port to console.

@Op: as huze said I wouldn't get your hopes up. They are a small team and porting a game recuires more work than you might think. But if ns2 sells good on pc I would guess a console port might come.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Not much micro? The alien khamm has nearly none, but med pack amo pack and nano shield should be used fast.
    <!--quoteo(post=1955880:date=Aug 2 2012, 04:12 AM:name=Nakorson)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nakorson @ Aug 2 2012, 04:12 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1955880"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Not much micro? The alien khamm has nearly none, but med pack amo pack and nano shield should be used fast.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

ya the aliens have nearly none but the nano sheild and med back could be like hot keys on the keyboard l1 for medpack r1 for shield etc. the biggest problem i could see if they make enough money to port it (which they should TotalBiscuit has backed this game so now there should be almost Legions of ppl buying it never underestimate the power of fanboys) is little kids (who seem to plague consoles) disagreeing with ther marine commanders orders thinking they kno better and causing the team to lose and the comm system thats gonna take a little work
  • AlignAlign Remain Calm Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5216Forum Moderators, Constellation
    edited August 2012
    Any good ideas for what could be changed to make the Khammander require more skill?
  • SecuritySecurity Join Date: 2005-01-07 Member: 33133Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=1955810:date=Aug 2 2012, 08:52 AM:name=AuroN2)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AuroN2 @ Aug 2 2012, 08:52 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1955810"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I would personaly be much more interested i ns2 came out on the OUYA than the xbox or ps3.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Probably not going to happen unless the OUYA (or any other console) will have a 4.5+ GHZ clocked Intel CPU. ;)
    <!--quoteo(post=1956572:date=Aug 3 2012, 12:32 PM:name=Align)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Align @ Aug 3 2012, 12:32 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1956572"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Any good ideas for what could be changed to make the Khammander require more skill?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

hmmmmmmmm the best i can think of is some abilities to assist the aliens like the marines med pack etc. only like create a wall of clog im just spitballin here
  • NecroNecro &lt;insert non-birthday-related title here&gt; Join Date: 2002-08-09 Member: 1118Members
    i agree with rtron, compared to the marine commander the alien is pretty hands off, other than active abilities on deployables (which tend to be in your bases mostly)

while something like medpacks and the like would not be good (i can already imagine an undefeatable onos or fade!) and while i can't think of any really good things for the commander to do, i feel the addition of something would make the kharmander more fun to play.
  • SecuritySecurity Join Date: 2005-01-07 Member: 33133Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    edited August 2012
    Beeing against the mere existance of an Alien Commander, I really don't think that he should be made ANY more similar to the Marine Commander at all.
  • H3lixH3lix Join Date: 2012-08-03 Member: 154722Members, NS2 Map Tester
    while i won't discredit consoles as everyone has different ideas how gaming should be. i feel that consoles would have to be packing a pretty good processor (4.0ghz) to even attempt to run this game. And a high end graphics processor doesn't come cheap either. In the end it would cost a lot of money to make a console that could run this game in it's current state. also the element of micro for marine commanders (nanoshields, medpacks) would probably be pretty difficult with a controller. Even if you get a keyboard/mouse or similar for a console the graphics would still have to be dumbed down a lot to be even remotely playable. In the end i think it would just be easier to play it on pc, as it was originally intended. as they so though, to each his/her own!
  • Hunter.S.T.Hunter.S.T. Join Date: 2012-05-26 Member: 152596Members
    Actually, i think that the alien commander role is pretty good right now, i think that most people i see complain about the alien comm being boring, dont ever get out of the hive to protect stuff.

The way it is now, without the khamm being forced to stay in the hive to mist structures all the time, i can go kham, and go fade, and protect a huge area around which ever hive im in, with two hives i can rotate the area i am protecting by switching hives when my team goes on the offensive elsewhere.

Even before i have the res to fade, i can gorge, place clogs to protect upgrades, move hydras around to protect areas that are left open to rushing by my teams positions and destinations.

Its a different job to being marine commander entirely, but i cant understand why people want it changed to be made more difficult, being the alien kham, and keeping an eye on your team res whilst gettin out of the hive to kill, knowing when to try and get the kill or just delay for your team mates, and doing both jobs efficiently is a difficult to master balancing act.

Yes, sitting in the hive for 100% of the match as alien comm, is a bit dull, as you arent needed all the time. Thats why you shouldnt be playing alien kham like that, you dont drop medpacks and nano, you arent needed 24/7, get out there and kill something.

Cant stand it when the whole alien team is attacking marine start and the kham is shouting that there is one marine in main hive attacking the res node. "your in that hive comm, gtfo and kill him"
  • DeadzoneDeadzone Join Date: 2003-07-03 Member: 17911Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1955813:date=Aug 2 2012, 01:55 AM:name=CobraCommander)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CobraCommander @ Aug 2 2012, 01:55 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1955813"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I thought the OUYA was a scam. I haven't heard anything else about it. If it isn't a scam, more power to the OUYA.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Considering it's got game support pledged from huge companies like Square Enix, I highly doubt it's just a scam. :)
    <!--quoteo(post=1956994:date=Aug 4 2012, 05:50 AM:name=H3lix)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (H3lix @ Aug 4 2012, 05:50 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1956994"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Even if you get a keyboard/mouse or similar for a console the graphics would still have to be dumbed down a lot to be even remotely playable.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

but i dont really care about how well the graphics are if the game is fun i will play the hell out of it
    <!--quoteo(post=1956879:date=Aug 4 2012, 01:17 AM:name=Security)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Security @ Aug 4 2012, 01:17 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1956879"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Beeing against the mere existance of an Alien Commander, I really don't think that he should be made ANY more similar to the Marine Commander at all.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

ok maybe there should be an alien ability called hive call or something basically say you go onos and you need a gorge to help you out you click the hive call or whatever button and the hive voice goes an onossss requiress help from a gorge something like that
    <!--quoteo(post=1955839:date=Aug 2 2012, 01:32 AM:name=Rtron)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rtron @ Aug 2 2012, 01:32 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1955839"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->oh well ill just hunker down and wait for the game to come to consoles then...oh and if your reading this developers PLEASE dont make it an exclusive xbox/ps3 title i hate it when that happens it just derives other gamers of a good game<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

oh god please someone tell me its not going to be a planned exclusive to any console if it goes to consoles PLEASE