Exclusive Pre-Order Content

124»

Comments

• CobraCommanderCobraCommander Join Date: 2012-07-30 Member: 154472Members
    Well I mean as for the Beam Sword, everyone who has the game right now gets it. So obviously gamers who pre-purchused during Alpha get it too. So they don't care because they got the Black Armor from Alpha and then the Beam Sword for sticking around with the Beta players who get it.
  • SopsSops Join Date: 2003-07-03 Member: 17894Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1958718:date=Aug 7 2012, 05:40 PM:name=CobraCommander)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CobraCommander @ Aug 7 2012, 05:40 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1958718"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Well I mean as for the Beam Sword, everyone who has the game right now gets it. So obviously gamers who pre-purchused during Alpha get it too. So they don't care because they got the Black Armor from Alpha and then the Beam Sword for sticking around with the Beta players who get it.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I think I can confidently say there will be no beam sword in NS2.
  • CobraCommanderCobraCommander Join Date: 2012-07-30 Member: 154472Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1959076:date=Aug 8 2012, 03:23 AM:name=Sops)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sops @ Aug 8 2012, 03:23 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1959076"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I think I can confidently say there will be no beam sword in NS2.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Wishful thinking :)
  • Knight of VirtueKnight of Virtue Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 72921Members
    The problem with giving everyone access to black armor, is that it removes the whole reason it even exist right now. Those who have black armor, bought into the game when it was nothing more than a scrapped together demo map which was nothing more than a very basic shooting range that barely even ran no matter how good your PC. Without those with black armor, the game would never have gotten to a point for people with green armor to even buy into it. I realize that some people bought into the game shortly after the black armor promotion ended, and it's a bummer that happened, but no matter when they set the end date, there would be people who would barely miss the cutoff and yet there had to be one.

Allowing it would also pose a problem for Unknown Worlds as they would be going back on their word, and on something that doesn't even affect gameplay. So please stop asking them to destroy the meaning of black armor just because you're upset someone has something you don't (if it affected gameplay it would be understandable, but as it doesn't (or at least not in a way that is likely statistically significant)).