Rushing Is Not The Answer

2»

Comments

• Teufel_EldritchTeufel_Eldritch Join Date: 2002-01-28 Member: 124Members
    I dont care what tactics my team uses just as long as they keep the enemy pinned down and away from me saving up for a hive/building a hive. I almost always at the start of a game rush(as skulk, when I get there I go Gorg) to the furthest hive location and start saving for it. The Khaara will most likely win if they can get 3 hives up(w/full upgrades) before the Marines get HMG's and HA.
  • Agent_Orange1Agent_Orange1 Join Date: 2002-11-13 Member: 8375Members
    I play Alien more then marine, but I think if you didn’t rush there would be a feeling of loss for the marines. Seeing 6 or 7 skulks burst into a room, which then goes completely chaotic for about 20 seconds is a great adrenaline rush. I know when I do play a marine and all of a sudden skulks pour out of every orifice in the room it scares the crap outta me. Its great fun.

It does suck when they win, and the games over in like 2 mins. But I've also seen all the aliens wiped out with no marine casualties, so it goes both ways.

What's the alternative? Wait for them to come out in an orderly way? Where’s the fun in that. We (the Aliens) have speed, gigantic sharp teeth, a nightmarish figure, and vocal cords that would turn a banshee white with terror, we were built for harassing and terrorizing the poor meat popsicles. Rush'em atleast once, they need to feel loved too.

ps. meat popsicle was stolen from another post, but it’s a great description for a Marine.