Game crashes at loading screen

_ToF__ToF_ Join Date: 2012-08-07 Member: 154899Members
By starting the game i firt recieve 1error message saying
something like

windows does not find
"bin8SteamService.exe"

and then

GameoverlayUI.exe - error

the instruction at "0x1001ed60" uses the adress "0x1001ed60" memory can not be read
click OK to shut down this program

then i can go to the start menu but
the game crashes when i try to play;
if i try to join or create a game, the loading screen lasts 10min and then everything crashes ans sends a debug report to "unknownworld"

please don't be too technical, I don't know much about computers
and please use common english; I am french....

But please please help me i want to play NS2 i'm waitin for too long!!!!!!!

Comments

• AngeluszAngelusz Harmonic entropist Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18072Members, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    I *think* your steam is broken. "GameoverlayUI.exe" is the overlay that steam shows when you press shift+tab while in a steam game. "bin8SteamService.exe" is also a part of Steam itself, not NS2.

I recommend you to uninstall/reinstall Steam itself and then reinstall NS2. I'm fairly confident that'll solve your problems.

If it doesn't, please report back here with what you have found.
  • _ToF__ToF_ Join Date: 2012-08-07 Member: 154899Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1958548:date=Aug 7 2012, 06:11 AM:name=Angelusz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Angelusz @ Aug 7 2012, 06:11 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1958548"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I *think* your steam is broken. "GameoverlayUI.exe" is the overlay that steam shows when you press shift+tab while in a steam game. "bin8SteamService.exe" is also a part of Steam itself, not NS2.

I recommend you to uninstall/reinstall Steam itself and then reinstall NS2. I'm fairly confident that'll solve your problems.

If it doesn't, please report back here with what you have found.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

thanks i´ll try this
    but the strange thing is that my other steam games are running perfectly....
  • _ToF__ToF_ Join Date: 2012-08-07 Member: 154899Members
    edited August 2012
    OK it works!!!!

i still have some little bugs but they are totaly acceptable for a beta version....

i love NS! :)