Disabling Vertical Sync

Silencer9Silencer9 Candidate for B.Sc. Join Date: 2003-08-05 Member: 18967Members, Reinforced - Shadow
edited August 2012 in Technical Support
Hello.

I am trying to disable vertical sync for NS2 to achieve lower input reaction delay. I am using the most recent graphics driver for my graphics card (296.10), which is an NVidia GeForce GT540M. I set to force disable vsync on NS2.exe through the NVidia control panel, but it makes no change. I know its hooking up the overrides correctly however, as I also changed the graphics processor to be used to be GPU instead of IntelHD through this, which gave me significant framerate improvements. If anyone knows how to accomplish disabling vertical sync in NS2 I'd be grateful for sharing. My OS is Win7 x64.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: oh god how old is my account lol

EDIT2: Oh well it would seem the most recent patch enables vsync by default.

Comments

• Neil79Neil79 Join Date: 2012-07-06 Member: 153950Members
    <a href="http://www.mediafire.com/?2zzymudjfbh" target="_blank">http://www.mediafire.com/?2zzymudjfbh</a>

Use that

Disables Vsync / Enables
    Forces Tripple Buffering DX

e.t.c :)
  • yimmasabiyimmasabi Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58318Members
    Very Nice.

In adition Is there a force method to enabel GPU Physics for the better Single Core performance ?

PS: Forcing by Nvidia Settings is not working
  • Silencer9Silencer9 Candidate for B.Sc. Join Date: 2003-08-05 Member: 18967Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1961265:date=Aug 11 2012, 09:04 PM:name=yimmasabi)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (yimmasabi @ Aug 11 2012, 09:04 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1961265"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->PS: Forcing by Nvidia Settings is not working<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

How can you tell?

Also it appears VSync will only turn off properly when you set to "Let the 3D application decide".
    It's all weird and confusing. I don't want to see the sourcecode behind any of this haha

Also when was the Forum reinvented to be strange like this with expandable tree list lol don't mind me I guess
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    AFAIK, from seeing the screen tearing, V-Sync is off by default on NS2...