Out of ammo / auto-reload / chasing aliens with a pointy stick

phoenixbbsphoenixbbs Join Date: 2003-02-10 Member: 13379Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Subnautica Playtester
<div class="IPBDescription">(reposted from getsatisfaction)</div>Anyone else find themselves still trying to fire an empty gun in close combat ?

Happens to me all the time, trying to kill critters, finger on the fire button, and not realising i've run out of ammo (it seems to run out awful quickly when you're chasing aliens around a room !)

- so all you're effectively doing is running around trying to poke the aliens with a pointy stick... skulks tend to get a bit tetchy when you try to take their temperature with an anal rifle probe :-}

It might be a nice touch if the marine could "swear" and reload automatically if you've still got your finger on the fire button while empty (which is pretty much always when you need it most !) :-}

Comments

• Cee Colon SlashCee Colon Slash Join Date: 2012-05-25 Member: 152581Members
    Sorry - to my mind - this is a problem of adaptation. Keeping track of your ammo count and knowing when to reload is a skill and I wouldn't want to automate it any more than it already is.
  • GORGEousGORGEous Join Date: 2012-02-19 Member: 146762Members, NS2 Map Tester
    It already automatically reloads your gun when you run out of ammo and click again.

You can hold down the LMB and unload all of your LMG mags or entire 40 shotgun shots. You have to release the button on each shot for the pistol, but if you try to shoot an empty mag then it will reload for you instead.
  • TwiggehTwiggeh Join Date: 2010-09-24 Member: 74165Members
    I dont really understand the point of this post.. Are you complaining over the fact that you have trouble watching your ammocounter?
  • phoenixbbsphoenixbbs Join Date: 2003-02-10 Member: 13379Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Subnautica Playtester
    I don't realise I'm running on empty / waiting to reload, and I'm still chasing them, getting my ankles chewed in the meantime :-}
  • JuCCiJuCCi Join Date: 2011-08-08 Member: 114961Members, NS2 Map Tester
    edited August 2012
    <!--coloro:orange--><span style="color:orange"><!--/coloro-->*I need to learn to be nicer.*

<sup>Fixed that for you. - Angelusz</sup><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
  • WheeeeWheeee Join Date: 2003-02-18 Member: 13713Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    no thanks. i'd rather choose to reload myself.
  • m42m42 Join Date: 2012-03-01 Member: 147923Members
    Some of you are too serious! This post looks like it was intended to be funny and lighthearted and people come back with, "NO LEARN TO PLAY!" Relax people!!

If it was serious, then well.... *face in palm*
  • LPCLPC Join Date: 2002-04-07 Member: 384Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    hold your horses gentlemen, many games offer the option to auto-reload. off by default. why are you making it such a problem???
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    in WH40K Space Marine, there is a sound on your last ~10 rounds that indicates a clip running low. I always liked this mechanic- lets you keep your eyes on the enemy rather than switching over to your ammo counter.