Natural Selection 2 News Update - NS2 Build 217 ("Titanium") changelog

123457»

Comments

• KhyronKhyron Join Date: 2012-02-02 Member: 143308Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1970731:date=Sep 4 2012, 12:31 PM:name=kabab)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kabab @ Sep 4 2012, 12:31 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1970731"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Mac's need to repair at 1/10th of the rate they do now and be limited to 1 Mac per structure....<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I don't think it's helpful to make suggestions that overcompensate.
  • elodeaelodea Editlodea Join Date: 2009-06-20 Member: 67877Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1970721:date=Sep 4 2012, 11:55 AM:name=Khyron)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Khyron @ Sep 4 2012, 11:55 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1970721"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'd be happy to see those attack features removed, but I'd also be curious to know what you think since you do love drifter rushing so much.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I like killing marines with drifters :p. Not necessarily linked to drifter rushing although you are totally right - removing the ability to attack will kill drifter spam fullstop unless its used specifically as meatshielding or to exploit lag (pains me to admit this). Although i think there is interesting depth to the threat of drifters being able to do damage (combined skulk and drifter micro etc.) and there being different styles of khammandering (active/passive), it may not be worth all the problems in the end i dont know. Tbh, whips, drifters, spikes are the only saving grace of a role that is overall really quite uninteresting. Without them the only reason i'd ever get in khamm would be to make sure the team doesn't get crag first.

Also, the first time anyone gets mobbed by drifters and executed horribly will always be a memorable event! I love drifter rushing because its something different from the tedium. Same thing with co-ordinated whip rush before res increases made it unviable.
  • tschumanntschumann Australia Join Date: 2010-05-26 Member: 71862Members
    I haven't tried it yet but I can't wait to give it a go (the Exo trailer convinced me to finally purchase).
    Glad to see Veil return too.
  • OnosFactoryOnosFactory New Zealand Join Date: 2008-07-16 Member: 64637Members
    Maybe one could make the 'cheap egg drop' ability an acutal 'cost to research' upgrade, so going onos rush plus quick 2nd hive means fewer early cysts, nodes etc.
  • TimMcTimMc Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143945Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1970731:date=Sep 3 2012, 08:31 PM:name=kabab)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kabab @ Sep 3 2012, 08:31 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1970731"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Mac's just repair way to much it takes away a massive maintenance role from the marines it used to be a big and important job making sure all the structures where 100%..

Now 1 mac auto repairs everything very quickly..

Mac's need to repair at 1/10th of the rate they do now and be limited to 1 Mac per structure....<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

No thats too much. Make Max 1 MAC per structure/person/whatever, halve the weld rate but triple build rate. Building with MACs is pretty pointless at the moment.
  • OscarTheCouchOscarTheCouch Join Date: 2005-01-10 Member: 34647Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1971062:date=Sep 4 2012, 03:18 PM:name=TimMc)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TimMc @ Sep 4 2012, 03:18 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1971062"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->triple build rate. Building with MACs is pretty pointless at the moment.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

So marines dont have to build at all?
    <!--quoteo(post=1971127:date=Sep 4 2012, 03:31 PM:name=OscarTheCouch)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (OscarTheCouch @ Sep 4 2012, 03:31 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1971127"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->So marines dont have to build at all?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Why not? Aliens don't have to build and MACs don't appear til mid-game.
  • TailorTailor Join Date: 2003-02-24 Member: 13927Members, Constellation
    Tim, part of what makes the game enjoyable is the suspense added when building an RT and hearing the pitter-patter of pointy feet running along a vent about to bite into your melon.

Second, why have macs at all if they build, just build the structures by themselves. If you don't have macs, where can you put extra commander APM? If you can put more commander APM into focusing on marines, is that fun?

Basically, there are a host of things that are impacted by that, so the better idea is *small* changes, not baby w/water stuff.
    I suppose. I was just trying to give value to the after a nerf. Needs something.