Why Why?!

Y3tiY3ti Join Date: 2002-11-09 Member: 7853Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Why!?</div> Med paks only last 30 seconds right?! Why?! did they cause to much lag?
I remember(back in the day of of.. about what 2 and a half weeks ago) that med paks and ammo use to stay!
Man that was wikkid. I mean I don't understand why you removed them, unless you know it made to much lag...

Comments

• Reverend_DuckReverend_Duck Join Date: 2002-11-08 Member: 7732Members
    edited November 2002
    Maybe they removed it because commanders could otherwise beam a million of them down to a base or outpost and they would be safe for the rest of the game?
  • Y3tiY3ti Join Date: 2002-11-09 Member: 7853Members
    .. well yea.. thats why I want it back, I mean if you put the resources in (2, which is a costly expense at the start of a game) Should it not be avaliable till it is used?
  • DemerzelDemerzel Join Date: 2002-11-18 Member: 9181Members
    it seems a bit weird that they do go so quick, if a marine doesnt see that you've dropped one for him - either too busy or you accidentally drop it behind him then you only have 30s before it vanishes. If you've got marines baying for your blood because you've "wasted" resources trying to give medpacks to distant marines instead of giving them a hmg then its frustating when that medpack does indeed get wasted due to the tiny time it exists.
  • MindmeldmeMindmeldme The Evil One Join Date: 2002-10-27 Member: 1637Members
    I don't mind so much that they dissappear, med packs and ammo, in such a short period of time....I can keep dropping them if needed once we hit mid and late game. My problem is I then have about 45 blue marks on my mini map and I can't see a damn thing. End game I usually end up with about 60 blue marks and even with only 1 or 2 aliens left...about 10 red ones even when there is nothing there to show up on the mini map...
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    Yes, all those medpacks are entities. Having that many entities drastically effects the performance, especially on the server's CPU. Flayra was able to increase performance substantially by limiting the staying time for dropped weapons and medpacks.
  • othellothell Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 4183Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    30 secs is plenty of time anyways. if you dont use it in the time frame, chances are you wont use em at all.
  • RedemptionRedemption Join Date: 2002-11-03 Member: 5557Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--Mindmeld_me+Nov 18 2002, 03:26 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Mindmeld_me @ Nov 18 2002, 03:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->My problem is I then have about 45 blue marks on my mini map and I can't see a damn thing. End game I usually end up with about 60 blue marks and even with only 1 or 2 aliens left...about 10 red ones even when there is nothing there to show up on the mini map...<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yeah, why are all those extra makrs on the map therE? that pisses me off because I think I have outposts elsewhere