Just a reminder to all you folks

TechercizerTechercizer 7th Player Join Date: 2011-06-11 Member: 103832Members
edited September 2012 in NS2 General Discussion
<div class="IPBDescription">If you want to say thanks, do your part!</div>NS2 pre-orders going live on Steam is a major milestone, both in this game's development and in its publicity. Right now the news is breaking on the web, and you can do your part to help it spread by upvoting the crap out of it on <a href="http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/zd8ll/after_6_years_of_independent_development_the/" target="_blank">r/gaming</a> (and other threads), submitting news stories to the gaming news sites you like, and generally hive-minding it all over the net. The initial propagation of news like this is a major determining factor of its total eventual spread, and all of us are in a position to get UWE some extra $, and more importantly, to get some extra fans for NS2. Just a few words, or even a single click, can drastically help this news spread when you compound it with your fellow players' efforts. This goes for all of you out there, not just the Squad5 members or the community pillars.

Additionally, if you feel like thanking UWE for all the hard work they've put into the game and all the awesome things they've made available to us, do it! I can't speak for them personally, but back when I was a dev I treasured every positive comment I got, and I think they deserve some positive feedback after all the "critiquing" we've been throwing around to help tweak the game.

Last but not least, keep up the good work. We've got a month or so until the wave of newbies hits, and that means finding bugs, testing balance, and finding the biggest, most broken mechanics we can and coming right back here to complain. To all of you, I say to get ready for the wave. To UWE, I say <3. <3 for everything so far, and <3 for the future.