What exactly does the Lerk currently do?

14567810»

Comments

• coldsmokecoldsmoke Join Date: 2004-07-28 Member: 30202Members
    edited September 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1979898:date=Sep 18 2012, 07:39 PM:name=internetexplorer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (internetexplorer @ Sep 18 2012, 07:39 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1979898"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->it's hard to argue with such general ideas

but at the end of the day...you tried to tell him he doesn't know how to suicide at point blank as the lerk correctly<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I was just saying that you are bad at biting people if you collide with them.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->seriously..you think we haven't tried these things? if I can trade my shotgun for a dead lerk, I'll probably do it every single time...unless I know the lerk player is the worst on the team and I want him to stick with his useless pres investment flapping around. there's no notion of "building up spores" either..<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Building up spores meaning after several passes around the base the smoke starts getting thick from the marine perspective.

And I know the lerk sucks, but he's on his way and not as hopeless as people make it out to be which is why I made those examples.
  • ImbalanxdImbalanxd Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104581Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1979865:date=Sep 19 2012, 01:33 AM:name=internetexplorer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (internetexplorer @ Sep 19 2012, 01:33 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1979865"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->There ARE games designed based on analysis of dedicated players who truly understand their game and compete on a high level<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Give an example?

Keep in mind this is a natural selection board so your answer may be detrimental to your argument.
  • ImbalanxdImbalanxd Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104581Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1979830:date=Sep 19 2012, 12:47 AM:name=coldsmoke)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (coldsmoke @ Sep 19 2012, 12:47 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1979830"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->What <b>YOU </b>say doesn't mean a thing, you think because you love chatting about a video game that makes you higher than someone else, you think because you play on one laughably small competitive scene that puts you above someone else. LOL. An arrogant man is all you are.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That's not arrogance, this is arrogance.

<!--quoteo(post=1979624:date=Sep 18 2012, 06:04 PM:name=coldsmoke)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (coldsmoke @ Sep 18 2012, 06:04 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1979624"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->So much moaning about nothing can kill shotguns and no chance at sporing a base. Lol. After I started playing the Lerk exclusively for a while to really get good at it I can tell you it's not so hopelessly useless as people keep trying to pass it off as since they don't want to put in the work to really get skilled at it. The extremely fast gameplay style is not for everyone and I hope they never change that aspect.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo(post=1979830:date=Sep 19 2012, 12:47 AM:name=coldsmoke)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (coldsmoke @ Sep 19 2012, 12:47 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1979830"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Don't put us all in the same boat because you fail at flying NEXT to someone as opposed to straight at them. Your e-peen post is fueled by tears.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Fly next to someone? What are you attacking, the Titanic? You just gonna glide next to them while they shout about being king of the world? Jesus what servers are you playing on for you to think this actually works rofl.

<!--quoteo(post=1979830:date=Sep 19 2012, 12:47 AM:name=coldsmoke)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (coldsmoke @ Sep 19 2012, 12:47 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1979830"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->No one cares about your anecdotal balance evidence that you centre around a single event. Sound familiar?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ye, my anecdotal evidence of how the output damage of a level 1 shotgun is 90% of a lerks health. How anecdotal. I suppose you considered all of Math class anecdotal as well.

<!--quoteo(post=1979830:date=Sep 19 2012, 12:47 AM:name=coldsmoke)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (coldsmoke @ Sep 19 2012, 12:47 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1979830"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Being a final nail in the coffin during a prolonged siege is a good use, because you are unable to think of uses doesn't mean they don't exist.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ye, go lerk, spend 5 minutes being useless, then be the final nail in the coffin. Meanwhile, everyone who didn't go Lerk saved for fade and actually won the game, while all you did is seal the deal.
  • ChickenOfWarChickenOfWar Join Date: 2003-04-09 Member: 15352Members
    edited September 2012
    Hourly reminder that spikes being useless is the only thing potentially keeping lerks from being useful.
  • TechercizerTechercizer 7th Player Join Date: 2011-06-11 Member: 103832Members
    I quite like the new Lerk spikes, actually. They're fun for pub play; too soon to say more.