Special pax icon?

SirGraySirGray Join Date: 2012-09-05 Member: 157909Members
I have been out of loop lately, been sick for awhile, Really excited to play ns2 with my girlfriend when it comes out officially, since she doesn't have beta, she just pre-ordered it on steam though. but I am always a stickler for getting all the exclusives I can, while I was looking up ns2 pax information I came across the ns2 @ pax topic and that the developers would be giving out a special icon and that people at home could do stuff to promote ns2 and also snag the exclusive? has that happened yet and if so can I still get it?

Comments

• IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    It only happened at pax east earlier this year.
  • SirGraySirGray Join Date: 2012-09-05 Member: 157909Members
    oh pax east I was thinking of pax west, as a west coaster I tend to completely forget XD

So it was a special icon in-game? that's sad I thought they were gonna let the people at home have a chance, since not everyone can afford to fly out and buy pax tickets.

That's a shame :( any other exclusive stuff I may have missed?
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1971897:date=Sep 5 2012, 10:53 AM:name=SirGray)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SirGray @ Sep 5 2012, 10:53 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1971897"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->oh pax east I was thinking of pax west, as a west coaster I tend to completely forget XD

So it was a special icon in-game? that's sad I thought they were gonna let the people at home have a chance, since not everyone can afford to fly out and buy pax tickets.

That's a shame :( any other exclusive stuff I may have missed?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Nope. This is all the current or soon dlc.

Black marine armor: Purchasing the $40 special edition before the alpha
    Pax East Icon: Getting a code from visiting the ns2 booth at pax east 2012.
    Deluxe ns1 themed Armor: Owning ns2 before the steam page showed up or purchasing the deluxe edition.
    Playtester Icon: Being a playtester (not in the game yet)
    Squad 5 Icon: Contribute to the game in a meaningful way and get rewarded with a Squad 5 icon.
    Thanks looks like I will have black marine armor, and the ns1 themed armor at least. I played the beta, can't remember if I installed and played during alpha or if I was too swamped with work. I am assume playing the beta will snag me the playtester icon though? And sadly no Squade 5 Icon as I only played by myself and lurked the forums I wouldn't have know what to contribute anyway :( lol

oh and does anyone know how many black armor editions sold? I am wondering how many people with black armor are out there.
    edited September 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1971911:date=Sep 5 2012, 11:05 AM:name=SirGray)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SirGray @ Sep 5 2012, 11:05 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1971911"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Thanks looks like I will have black marine armor, and the ns1 themed armor at least. I played the beta, can't remember if I installed and played during alpha or if I was too swamped with work. I am assume playing the beta will snag me the playtester icon though? And sadly no Squade 5 Icon as I only played by myself and lurked the forums I wouldn't have know what to contribute anyway :( lol

oh and does anyone know how many black armor editions sold? I am wondering how many people with black armor are out there.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Apparently 10,000-15,000 copies of black armor were sold.

Playtester is different from beta tester. They test the new builds to make sure they don't have big issues before they're released to the public.

A beta tester icon would be neat though, constellation styled of course. As some early pre-steam ns2 beta players feel the need to differentiate themselves.
  • bEEbbEEb Join Date: 2012-03-24 Member: 149317Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Those of us who went to PAX west got the PAX icons as well.
    <!--quoteo(post=1971928:date=Sep 5 2012, 07:29 AM:name=bEEb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bEEb @ Sep 5 2012, 07:29 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1971928"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Those of us who went to PAX west got the PAX icons as well.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Dang I wish I knew about it, my friend went to pax west T_T he could have gotten me one.

Also ya, having a special alpha/beta icon would be nice to differentiate between those that ordered from the site and those that are getting it on steam now.
    <!--quoteo(post=1971928:date=Sep 5 2012, 11:29 AM:name=bEEb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bEEb @ Sep 5 2012, 11:29 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1971928"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Those of us who went to PAX west got the PAX icons as well.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Really? I wasn't aware they were giving out the codes again. Money reasons or something.
  • OhnojojoOhnojojo Join Date: 2011-08-01 Member: 113400Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1971933:date=Sep 5 2012, 10:38 AM:name=SirGray)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SirGray @ Sep 5 2012, 10:38 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1971933"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Dang I wish I knew about it, my friend went to pax west T_T he could have gotten me one.

Also ya, having a special alpha/beta icon would be nice to differentiate between those that ordered from the site and those that are getting it on steam now.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I think I have an extra copy of the PAX icon.
    My girlfriend got it but she doesn't play.
    edited September 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1971982:date=Sep 5 2012, 08:26 AM:name=Ohnojojo)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ohnojojo @ Sep 5 2012, 08:26 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1971982"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I think I have an extra copy of the PAX icon.
    My girlfriend got it but she doesn't play.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Would you mind if I have the code if you don't give it to her? I'd be forever in your debt good sir!

But ya, my girlfriend like I said earlier also just pre-ordered on steam. We played Ns1 all the time together, really fun times. Can't wait to start playing together on ns2, she's been rather jealous that I have been in the beta so I haven't gotten to play as much as I liked since she gets green with envy and wants me to play with her lol XD

of course once she gets her playable copy upon release we will be playing non-stop.
    <!--quoteo(post=1971985:date=Sep 5 2012, 11:34 AM:name=SirGray)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SirGray @ Sep 5 2012, 11:34 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1971985"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Would you mind if I have the code if you don't give it to her? I'd be forever in your debt good sir!

But ya, my girlfriend like I said earlier also just pre-ordered on steam. We played Ns1 all the time together, really fun times. Can't wait to start playing together on ns2, she's been rather jealous that I have been in the beta so I haven't gotten to play as much as I liked since she gets green with envy and wants me to play with her lol XD<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'll give you the code under one condition.
    Wait for me to get home and find it and give me your steam name.
    <!--quoteo(post=1971988:date=Sep 5 2012, 08:37 AM:name=Ohnojojo)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ohnojojo @ Sep 5 2012, 08:37 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1971988"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Wait for me to get home and find it and give me your steam name.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

sounds good to me! lol

here's my community page, add me anytime. <a href="http://steamcommunity.com/id/left4dead3/" target="_blank">http://steamcommunity.com/id/left4dead3/</a>
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    edited September 2012
    For the confused, i have accumilated a few icons over the years, no pax thoe :(
    <-----Look there-----
    Very nice Gisp, I'd have liked to have helped out and gotten the squad 5 or playtester icon but sadly I had been so busy. I have a lot of time now, but those icons are unobtainable now?
  • WasabiOneWasabiOne Co-Lead NS2 CDT Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104623Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    There were a handful of codes left from PAX East that we gave away at the booth in Seattle
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    <!--quoteo(post=1972010:date=Sep 5 2012, 06:56 PM:name=SirGray)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SirGray @ Sep 5 2012, 06:56 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1972010"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Very nice Gisp, I'd have liked to have helped out and gotten the squad 5 or playtester icon but sadly I had been so busy. I have a lot of time now, but those icons are unobtainable now?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Dont think so, not sure about the PT, you can talk to Obraxis about that. But the Squad5 is taking in people all the time that contribute to the community.
    Oh and for the record, only the pax icon shows ingame atm. But i think there is plans to get the other icons in at some point.
    <!--quoteo(post=1972015:date=Sep 5 2012, 09:01 AM:name=GISP)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GISP @ Sep 5 2012, 09:01 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1972015"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Dont think so, not sure about the PT, you can talk to Obraxis about that. But the Squad5 is taking in people all the time that contribute to the community.
    Oh and for the record, only the pax icon shows ingame atm. But i think there is plans to get the other icons in at some point.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

oh nice, I'll have to figure out some way to contribute in my own way to be a Squad 5 member. Not really sure what I can do to help though.

And for playtester, hmm not much longer till release. I'll have to shoot him a message see if it is still open to join.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    <!--quoteo(post=1971895:date=Sep 5 2012, 07:51 AM:name=IeptBarakat)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (IeptBarakat @ Sep 5 2012, 07:51 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1971895"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It only happened at pax east earlier this year.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    And at PAX prime this weekend!
  • Black_OperativeBlack_Operative Join Date: 2003-06-02 Member: 16957Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    A little off-topic, but are these appearing in-game yet? I redeemed my code and it registered properly, but I didn't see anything to indicate it when I was actually playing.