ns2hub - community site

ArgathorArgathor Join Date: 2011-07-18 Member: 110942Members, Squad Five Blue
I have been tinkering with some community website features for a while now, some of you may have seen my maps/mods database or livestreams list. I realised quite a while ago that my ambitions had outgrown the duplex clan site so have been working on a full community site for NS2.

The fruits of that work are just about ready to be seen publically. Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you <a href="http://ns2hub.com" target="_blank">ns2hub.com</a>.

So far I have a working article system, livestreams list and forum. Coming soon are a developer tracker, videos database and an improved maps/mods database.

My main aim with ns2hub is to give the NS2 community as many ways to interact with the game as possible in one place. Playing, watching, discussing, creating for, reading about, etc. The long-term aim is to give NS2 the best featured and most advanced community site of any game.

I cannot do this alone though, I need your help (yes, that means you NS2 community!). Immediately, I am looking for people willing to write articles about <i>virtually anything</i> to do with NS2. You could be passionate about NS2 news, have an important issue you want to bring to peoples attention, want to teach others about aspects of the game or show others something you are making (maps, mods, etc). If you feel that you would like to create an article feel free to message me here, on ns2hub.com or on steam to discuss it.

There are also many other ways people can get involved. While I am confident I can make a good community site, to make it <b>great</b> I really need your input. I would love to hear about your experiences using the site, how you think it can be improved and expanded, etc.

I look forward to hearing your feedback!

Comments

• ArgathorArgathor Join Date: 2011-07-18 Member: 110942Members, Squad Five Blue
    I have just added a Developer Tracker to the site. You can see it at <a href="http://ns2hub.com/devtracker/" target="_blank">http://ns2hub.com/devtracker/</a>.

The styling will be improved over the next week and features in the future.

I am also looking for people to help me to create content. This could be something like an 'NS2 Introduction' section, with youtube videos, articles on any aspect of NS2, etc.
  • BitcrusherBitcrusher Join Date: 2012-08-28 Member: 156628Members
    Ooh its like teamliquid(starcraft 2 and dota) but for ns2
  • Black_OperativeBlack_Operative Join Date: 2003-06-02 Member: 16957Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    That Developer Tracker is fantastic. Very nice job!
  • rantologyrantology Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143750Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    This site is awesome Arga, thanks for making it! The streamers list in specific is super useful.
    Thanks guys, it is great to hear you are finding it useful.

I have a bug list longer than my arm (its a very long arm!) but I will be developing this site for a long time, so I will get through them and be adding more features constantly.
    edited September 2012
    Just discovered my devtracker scripted was being blocked by the UWE forums for too many searches. Ive amended the script to spread the searches out over a longer time period so it now runs every 5mins and waits 20seconds between each search. (Thanks Zeikko for helping me troubleshoot the problem).
  • MotherGooseMotherGoose Join Date: 2002-03-12 Member: 308Members, Constellation
    looking good Argathor, i think if done right, this has the potential to explode come launch :D
  • PsychoSquirrelPsychoSquirrel Join Date: 2010-11-27 Member: 75306Members
    Hey I was wondering if you wanted any help with designing the site. Please don't take it that I am saying that the site looks bad. I think I remember you saying somewhere that you wanted some help. Just wanting to offer my services to you for free, since I love this game and community. Let me know if you need any help, I am well versed in CSS3, HTML5, and Photoshop.
  • whymewhyme Join Date: 2010-07-12 Member: 72322Members
  • DawormDaworm Join Date: 2009-06-22 Member: 67900Members
    can you add a link to the wiki?
    <!--quoteo(post=2022657:date=Nov 13 2012, 11:36 PM:name=Daworm)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Daworm @ Nov 13 2012, 11:36 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2022657"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->can you add a link to the wiki?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Done!
  • koewikoewi Join Date: 2007-08-25 Member: 61984Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2013
    it seems like the Activity Tracker hasn't tracked data since the 10th January.
    Any information about this?

*edit* Does Arga take a break?
  • GORGEousGORGEous Join Date: 2012-02-19 Member: 146762Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Hey, can you add my stream?

Mostly just pubs / random scrims/gathers.
  • koewikoewi Join Date: 2007-08-25 Member: 61984Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    i think the devposts from this forum aren't tracked anymore, am i right?