NS2 Scrim Network

joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
<div class="IPBDescription">Steam Group</div>Hello all-

Been a while since I had initially posted about this group. Since the game is getting much closer to release, I thought I would post again.

First off, a little bit about myself. I am actually a Left 4 Dead player who has been involved in the competitive L4D community since the beginning of the series. An old friend of mine, Kaja, had initially dragged me into NS1 way back in the day. None of you would remember me since I mostly pubbed but Kaja played for Exigent and STD back in the early CAL days of NS1. (Cant remember if he actually used that name back then). I had initially created the scrim network with the anticipation that I would actually start playing Natural Selection 2 quite a bit, but unfortunately L4D and other things pulled me away. But finally I have time again to start playing.

The scrim/PCW group already has some 300+ members so I would think it will be a great tool once this game finally releases for teams and such to find opponents. Join if interested.
<a href="http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ns2scrimnet" target="_blank">http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ns2scrimnet</a>

Also, if anyone who is very involved in the community would like admin to the group to organize events and such, feel free to add me. So far from what I seen this community is fantastic with tons of very helpful individuals. This is a rarity in my current L4D community and it is a extremely nice change up for me.

Anyway, thanks for reading my novel of a post. Haha
Hope to see you guys in game.

-Josh
<a href="http://steamcommunity.com/id/eXcessiveee" target="_blank">http://steamcommunity.com/id/eXcessiveee</a>

Comments

• RedDragonRedDragon Join Date: 2003-01-13 Member: 12240Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Hey Josh, I'm not sure if I ever ran into you pubbing back in the day, but I certainly remember Kaja. Its always good to see old faces again, so welcome back!

I'm going to add you on Steam, not because I think I can help with your endeavor, but because I think I know someone who can.

Catch you later. ;-)
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Haha ya back in the day I think I was tagged as eXcessive or something like that. That was a long time ago. Like 2004/2005(ish)? I honestly forgot just about everyone that I played with back then.

Kaja hasn't been gaming much lately. Since I live literally 5 minutes from his brother and like 30min away from him, maybe I can try to drag him back. Who knows. Haha

Regardless, thanks for the warm welcome. :)
  • EißfeldtEißfeldt Join Date: 2012-08-15 Member: 155658Members
    In the L4D steam group(L4D1 is back! as far as i remember) it was very easy to find mates as well as opponents since everyone could post announcments which would pop up for every player in the group. So if I want find opponents in this group no one will ever notice because nobody checks the comments and I end up asking people in my friendslist again.
    I just realized I actually still have Kaja on my friends list. Last seen online 127 days ago. ;_;
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    @Eißfeldt

Everyone should have permissions to post announcements. I will double check this when I get back from work. So, this group should work the same way as the group you are referring to. If posting announcements is currently disabled, I apologize in advance and will fix it promptly.

@RedDragon

I know right? :( When kaja quit playing L4D2 with me, he went back to WoW and then just disappeared.
  • SyknikSyknik InversionNS2.com Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2064Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    Just a quick note, Patrick played as SilverWolf back in the day of STD and Exigent.
    I also just noticed that you were Andrew from exigent.

This might explain why some of you inversion folks are such a huge PAIN. *shakes fist*
    Thanks Syknik. Ya it has been a while. I will try to drag his lazy butt back to the game when it releases in October. :p
  • hamham Join Date: 2011-08-31 Member: 119370Members, Constellation
    I don't understand what purpose you think this group serves. Why would I want to make a group announcement rather than directly message?
    Announcements serve the simple purpose of announcing. Simply put "looking for scrim/pcw" in the announcement header and every person who is part of the group will get a notification pop-up. Then any available team who may also be looking for a scrim can get in contact with the initial poster. Its the same concept of using an IRC scrim channel but through steam.

Obviously, if you wanted to ask a specific team or person, then the group serves no purpose. Its purpose is to post general 'looking for ____" events to the competitive community.
  • swalkswalk Say hello to my little friend. Join Date: 2011-01-20 Member: 78384Members, Squad Five Blue
    I think a large problem with the group is that nowhere near 1/10th of the people in there are actually in a team.
    Which means that the group is not focused on its purpose, and you will end up spamming lots of people for no reason.
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Then they leave the group, or disable announcements.
    Regardless if people in the group are in teams, it can be used to get numbers for pcws.
  • swalkswalk Say hello to my little friend. Join Date: 2011-01-20 Member: 78384Members, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=1982224:date=Sep 24 2012, 03:19 AM:name=Jekt)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jekt @ Sep 24 2012, 03:19 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1982224"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Then they leave the group, or disable announcements.
    Regardless if people in the group are in teams, it can be used to get numbers for pcws.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I just don't see how thats viable with a group like that.
    It's much easier to contact one of the few existing teams directly.