[Possible Bug?] Egging in vents

kastkast Join Date: 2003-11-13 Member: 22791Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
<div class="IPBDescription">hep me! im stuck :(</div>Not a whole lot more to say. I try to egg in a vent and I emerge from my egg, stuck in the vent. Reproducible every time with all lifeforms. Sorry if this has been brought up before.

Comments

• rhombusrhombus Lerk Queen Join Date: 2011-06-23 Member: 106055Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
  • kastkast Join Date: 2003-11-13 Member: 22791Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
  • Know painKnow pain Join Date: 2012-09-04 Member: 157674Members
    edited September 2012
    Hey Kast, it's well it's just it. Either egging into a differnt lifeform is broken or all vents are broken. An alien can egg into a life form say lerk or gorge but you have to be really careful. For a new player this will be the bane of their game and for seasoned eggers it's a pain.

It's still a beta but at the rate it's going I don't think egging in a vent will ever be up to what NS1 was like.

You can try hitting ` and type "annotate stuck" to help the dev, but so far they haven't done anything.
  • rhombusrhombus Lerk Queen Join Date: 2011-06-23 Member: 106055Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    edited September 2012
    Annotating vents wont help as the mappers can't do anything about it unless they make massive vents. It's caused by the cylinder that the egg uses when you evolve. It's the same problem that if an egg spawns with a very low ceiling (like inside the crushing machine cave area in mineshaft) an alien spawning gets stuck regardless. The only way to get around this is if you make sure you have enough room above you (like a vertical opening in the vent to go up) or in a larger vent.