Alien Vision -> Highlight GL's grenades

yehawmcgrawyehawmcgraw Join Date: 2012-09-16 Member: 159694Members
Alien vision should really highlight GL's grenades. (illuminate as orange, not the dull green).
It would really allow aliens have to have more accountability for their deaths (less rage) and still allow the gl to be just as damaging.

Nuff said, just a small tweak.

Comments

• schkorpioschkorpio I can mspaint Join Date: 2003-05-23 Member: 16635Members
    +1
    this is a great idea

even in the normal vision grendes should send out a small visual pulse when they bounce against a surface
  • ChickenOfWarChickenOfWar Join Date: 2003-04-09 Member: 15352Members
    I agree with this, could even make them glow a bit or show them as dangerous with a sprite effect. Something an intelligent hive mind would know and would try to warn it's little creatures.
  • ImbalanxdImbalanxd Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104581Members
    I think grenades should just be more visible in general, and perhaps even less visible in alien vision. For no other reason than the main reason I change out of alien vision is usually to better see projectiles, and apparently they want people to change out of alien vision more often.
  • maD maXmaD maX Join Date: 2010-01-28 Member: 70347Members
    +1

On a side note, i still dont understand why alien vision should have a downside, its an evolved being why would it have negative effects, only reason i think one would use normal vision is when hidding to see where the shaddows are deepest.
  • ZekZek Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 7962Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    I don't have a problem with this but I don't want there to be more incentive to use alien vision. Grenades should be more visible in normal vision too.
  • SherwoodSherwood Join Date: 2012-09-04 Member: 157696Members
    edited September 2012
    you guys never watched predator did ya, all vision types have a downside. In the movie predator he had like 10 different vision types, he still got fooled by cool mud from the lake.

It's not about alien vision needing to be 100% usable its about aliens having the ability to switch between them which is more useful then only haveing one vision type.

Also I don't have a problem with this, I think gl deaths do tend to cause rage, any small change to fix the rage would be helpful.
  • arnyboy87arnyboy87 Join Date: 2012-08-13 Member: 155551Members
    +1 hate not being able to see them coming and I think they should show up in ailen vision. Also guys just cause you don't want to play with ailen vision on all the time doesn't mean that everyone need to come out of it ,,, hate ppl that because they want sumthing 1 way every1 has to do it you can toggle it on and off so if you don't want it on all the time then switch it off and stop making other minds up for them personaly I never turn mine off as I know were the dark spots in a room are after I look at it a couple of times
  • fragmaster24fragmaster24 Join Date: 2010-07-27 Member: 73132Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1984333:date=Sep 28 2012, 08:07 PM:name=Zek)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zek @ Sep 28 2012, 08:07 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1984333"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I don't have a problem with this but I don't want there to be more incentive to use alien vision. Grenades should be more visible in normal vision too.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

+1.

Although I'm not sure I'd want grenades to be more visible in normal vision. I like the idea of being required to be on my toes listening for the shots and counting the number of grenades compared to the number of blasts. If they were more visible under Alien vision, than it would reward the players who use it for this purpose, and therefore not be required for grenades to be more visible under normal vision.