NS2 Main Menu Ideas

Bad MojoBad Mojo Join Date: 2009-05-01 Member: 67317Members
<div class="IPBDescription">For anyone that doesn't visit the I&S Section</div>I think it is important that the Main menu makes a good first impression for players that are playing NS for the first time. I think there is some merit in some of the ideas I have posted in the following link. I'm sure there are different/more/better ideas as well in the collective mind of the community. More importantly, people with the artistic skills to contribute to making NS2 look nice in all of its facets.

<a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=121443" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/in...howtopic=121443</a>

Comments

• SopsSops Join Date: 2003-07-03 Member: 17894Members, Constellation
    It is troubling that the menu is still in such poor shape, hopefully they just haven't fixed it yet because it is something that can be done quickly at the end of development.
  • maD maXmaD maX Join Date: 2010-01-28 Member: 70347Members
    my only problem with the menu is the inability to set favorite servers..... if i refresh they all refresh and if i try to join before its done refreshing odds are another server will refresh and my selected server will shift and i will join some random empty server......

solution... favorite server and/or ability to pause refresh
  • ArgathorArgathor Join Date: 2011-07-18 Member: 110942Members, Squad Five Blue
    I hope the current flash menu is done away with completely. It causes a range of crashing bugs on my PC and occasionally hardlocks the PC when quitting NS. Menu Mod fixes all these.
  • NeoRussiaNeoRussia Join Date: 2012-08-04 Member: 154743Members
    The menumod menu looks, feels, and acts much better than the default menu. Not to mention all of the problems with having a menu based on flash.
  • DarksterDarkster Join Date: 2010-02-17 Member: 70612Members, Reinforced - Gold
    The latest iteration of the menu isn't in Flash anymore, it's written in Lua.
  • Dank McShwaggerDank McShwagger Join Date: 2009-06-10 Member: 67784Members
    they could really use an auto join/que feature for full servers.
  • Skyforger2Skyforger2 Join Date: 2007-10-19 Member: 62681Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1984184:date=Sep 28 2012, 05:17 PM:name=maD maX)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (maD maX @ Sep 28 2012, 05:17 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1984184"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->my only problem with the menu is the inability to set favorite servers..... if i refresh they all refresh and if i try to join before its done refreshing odds are another server will refresh and my selected server will shift and i will join some random empty server......

solution... favorite server and/or ability to pause refresh<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I find this so annoying i want to RAGE
  • SopsSops Join Date: 2003-07-03 Member: 17894Members, Constellation
    Also I would like to see drop down menus for settings rather then the current click through style. When selecting a map or screen resolution out of a long list I don't want to click through one by one.
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    While I understand why you've made this thread in General, there's no need to make two threads on the same topic. (particularly if the second thread is just a link to the first).

<!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->LOCKED<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
This discussion has been closed.