Possible Primal Scream Implementation

Bad MojoBad Mojo Join Date: 2009-05-01 Member: 67317Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Aliens' equivalent to Emergency Beacon</div>I feel like the Khammander could use a panic button type of ability similar to beacon for marines. It seems too often that the marine assault on a hive quickly becomes a hopeless situation for the defenders, with the constant GL explosions and deaths right out of the egg.

What I would propose is a buff for everything in the vicinity of a hive that can be a saving grace and help turn the tide of battle on the aliens' own turf.

The cnocept is relatively simple, and the variety of implementations is wide. This could be an ability, when activated by the Khammander, increases the performance of all lifeforms/structures around the hive for about 5-10 seconds.

Some boosts it could provide:

- Nutrient mist for all eggs (not researching structures) around that hive for the duration, and/or reduced spawn times
- Increased stats for all aliens near the hive (ie +50% speed/damage/health/armor)
- Umbra around the hive itself

Comments

• BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    It could be a nice way to defend a base without actual static defenses
  • arnyboy87arnyboy87 Join Date: 2012-08-13 Member: 155551Members
    Sounds gd to me we need somthing whips just don't cut it and the upgrade for them is a joke :P
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I don't know about the rest but I like umbra around the hive
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Maybe even have primal scream take the place of the auto-priority on hive spawn.

For instance:

Trigger Primal scream: Hive screams, puts out an umbra cloud, sets itself as primary spawn point and beggins to spawn eggs at a faster rate