Bring old Adrenalin Back

xiOteCHxiOteCH Join Date: 2012-10-03 Member: 161446Members
<div class="IPBDescription">The new one sucks</div>The reason why many people pick Adrenalin is not to have any insufficient energy problem. The new Adrenalin is very bad. Doubling energy pool is not the solution. Please bring old adrenalin back.

Comments

• Laosh'RaLaosh'Ra Join Date: 2011-12-09 Member: 137232Members
    edited October 2012
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The new one sucks<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    i actually think the old one sucked, in terms of impact on the game. it made the shifts passive energy-restore and actually the entire energy mechanic obsolete, you didn't have to pay attention to your meter at all.
    if you think the game would be more fun without any energy restriction, how would you like it if marines could constantly fire without reloading or ammunition limit?
  • TwiggehTwiggeh Join Date: 2010-09-24 Member: 74165Members
    So, this one is worse because now you have to plan your attacks and cant have gorges healspraying you constantly? Please.
  • Samus1111111Samus1111111 Join Date: 2012-08-07 Member: 154930Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I wouldn't say to bring back adrenaline how it was (it was definitely OP), but a bit of a regen boost is needed I believe. Plus, the name adrenaline implies that you do things faster for longer. Currently, you can do more things, but then have to take an equally long break. While I like that shifts are actually useful now, I don't like how dependent some classes have become on them. I'd say that something around either half the regen boost (or maybe even 1/4) from the old adren would make the skills just about right. Either that or have adrenaline do what the patch notes said it would and have it increase the energy pool by 200%, not to 200% (for those of you who don't know, by 200% ends up with you having 3x the original amount. To 200% means that you end up with 2x the original amount).
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I would prefer energy pool at 200% and 25% faster energy regen

This way you can do more, but don't have to wait so long to get back to full

I really don't want infinite blink fades back.
  • MiniH0wieMiniH0wie Join Date: 2007-11-25 Member: 63013Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1986945:date=Oct 4 2012, 09:38 AM:name=Benson)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Benson @ Oct 4 2012, 09:38 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1986945"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I would prefer energy pool at 200% and 25% faster energy regen

This way you can do more, but don't have to wait so long to get back to full

I really don't want infinite blink fades back.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I would be happy w/ this compromise. The old adrenalin was OP but the new isn't quite enough.
  • wallweaselswallweasels Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73009Members
    Why not make energy not regen when in use, but increase energy regen across the board? This would make a larger pool of energy better for combat, but not impact how long you have to not fight just to regen. While celerity would be a trade off being able to move in/out faster, but be in combat for less time.

At least a system where at lower energy you regen faster might help in general. So near top energy you regen slower, but at sub 50% you regen at an increased rate? I honestly don't feel it is on the dot right now, but it really wasn't either before.
  • Omega_K2Omega_K2 Join Date: 2011-12-25 Member: 139013Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    This is worse because you spend a significant time wating for energy instead of playing. Unless you think waiting is fun of course, I rather think it is not. Fade is really boring to play now.

And coms do not place shifts everywhere :P

Also what wallweasel suggested sounds reasonable. Though I'd prefer the energy reagen as it is now in combat, and out of combat it is much higher so you don't have to wait forever.
  • yehawmcgrawyehawmcgraw Join Date: 2012-09-16 Member: 159694Members
    edited October 2012
    As far as I'm concerned, this is nerfed into oblivion. For any class, I would chose celerity, hands-down. It's not even close.
    For any alien type, speed is survivability and potency, and the new adren is a joke compared what celerity offers.

(And yes I admit it's still arguably a good choice for gorge though I still personally (and strongly) prefer speed)

I'm surprised there are this many 'dead traits' still floating around for release.
  • swalkswalk Say hello to my little friend. Join Date: 2011-01-20 Member: 78384Members, Squad Five Blue
    I agree with yehawmcgraw.
    Adrenaline is a really bad choice compared to celerity.
    I don't like the "larger pool" approach, as that forces you to wait for extended periods of time.
    Adrenaline should be reverted, and then have the regeneration rate nerfed a bit.
  • ArcL!ghtArcL!ght Join Date: 2007-11-27 Member: 63031Members, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester
    To have 150% of max pool with 30% of regen boost would be much better idea imho.

By playing lerk a lot I find that new adrenaline does not let you support your team for that much as it should. Going gorge is sometimes much better option then lerk as support life form (in lerks current state and adrenaline for the matter)