Steam beta user server list issue

SNoWDoGGSNoWDoGG Join Date: 2003-02-24 Member: 13907Members
Anyone having issues with steam not showing all the servers? Seems like it started about 2 weeks ago. Cleared itself up but now its back. When I refresh I see like 5 severs... When it is working correctly I see many many more. The servers listed are always empty to so I can't play. WTF?

As a pre steam release beta user I would like to know if there is a better way to access the game or how to fix this issue. Any ideas?

-SNoW

Comments

• WhosatWhosat Singapore Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58301Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2012
    Nope I've not been having issues with the in-game browser except for the fact that it is slow, but that seems to be fixed in the upcoming B222.

There are web-based alternatives to the server browser: <a href="http://ns2servers.devicenull.org/" target="_blank">ns2servers</a> or the <a href="http://hypernovadesign.co.uk/nanogrid/" target="_blank">NanoGrid</a>.

In the NanoGrid, click the arrow on the right of the server you would like to join to connect to the server directly.
  • SNoWDoGGSNoWDoGG Join Date: 2003-02-24 Member: 13907Members
    Thanks i will try that.
    So, yeah I can see ALL the servers on both those sites but when I try ti connect to one it launches into the server then kicks me back to the main menu with a " INCORRECT NETWORK PROTOCOL" error. I see now that the steam launched server has only 5 servers... I see 100's in the others. This is REALLY pissin me off!!!! I know this should be in tech support and i would move it if I could. sorry for the mis-post.

SNoW
    I totally wiped out every trace of NS2 and reinstalled. still ONLY 5 SERVERS!!! They are the same servers too... always empty. I connected to one and verified that it was latest release. SOME ONE HELP!!!!!!!
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    <!--coloro:#F4A460--><span style="color:#F4A460"><!--/coloro-->Moved to Tech Support<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
  • WhosatWhosat Singapore Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58301Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I'm honestly not sure what could be the issue but you could try going to the location where ns2.exe is stored, right-clicking on ns2.exe then click Run as Administrator.
  • ZaggyZaggy NullPointerException The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-12-10 Member: 24214Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, Subnautica Playtester
    Have you tried verifying your Steam cache for NS2?
    Tried:

running as admin
    verifying files
    deleting everything known to be ns2 on my HDD (including registry) and reinstalling.
    connecting via a third party browser (gets protocol error)

Everything runs normally except for the fact that only 7 servers show up in my in-game server browser. (And they are EMPTY!!!)

Does anyone know where the server list is stored? Some temp file i'm sure.... I GOT TO GET SOME ALIEN FRAGS IN OR I'M GONNA DIE!!!!!

Also I can't be the ONLY one this is happening to. Im going to go complain in the steam forums ...... thanks for the suggestions!