Skulk Skill-Based Movement

2»

Comments

• fanaticfanatic This post has been edited. Join Date: 2003-07-23 Member: 18377Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    edited October 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1988666:date=Oct 9 2012, 05:49 AM:name=Imbalanxd)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Imbalanxd @ Oct 9 2012, 05:49 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1988666"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->As for bhop, its unintuitive and the movement is immersion breaking. It worked in NS1 because everything looked bad. Watching a skulk turn 180 degrees using air friction alone in the spark engine will look retarded.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I generally try to avoid replying to your posts, since I can't decide if you're a troll or just entirely clueless, but I feel compelled to reply to this.

You can already "turn 180 degress using air friction alone in the spark engine", adding air acceleration would not change that. In fact, ns2 currently has more air control than ns1 ever had -- a significant contributor to the erratic and unpredictable movement of skulks in ns2. Personally, I would much rather see air acceleration added and air control toned down, to make movement faster but more predictable.
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1988680:date=Oct 8 2012, 10:57 PM:name=fanatic)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fanatic @ Oct 8 2012, 10:57 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1988680"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I generally try to avoid replying to your posts, since I can't decide if you're a troll or just entirely clueless, but I feel compelled to reply to this.

You can already "turn 180 degress using air friction alone in the spark engine", adding air acceleration would not change that. In fact, ns2 currently has more air control than ns2 ever had -- a significant contributor to the erratic and unpredictable movement of skulks. Personally I would much rather see air acceleration added and air control toned down, to make movement faster but more predictable.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I actually agree 100%.