Xeno "feedback"

phoenixbbsphoenixbbs Join Date: 2003-02-10 Member: 13379Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Subnautica Playtester
It might be a nice touch when you xeno, if your view is changed to an overhead / top down view for a couple of seconds, so you can see the havoc you caused

Comments

• XariusXarius Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24630Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    They should buff it first, for coming out a time marines generally have A3, it doesn't nearly cause enough damage. It's a great ability, takes some skill and timing to land but isn't rewarded by actual kills at that late stage in the game.
  • FlatkinGFlatkinG Join Date: 2005-03-02 Member: 42984Members
    i agree, i dont feel it is as useful as it was in NS1, i think this is primarily due to not being able to leap/bite during the countdown.
  • Mr.GreedyMr.Greedy Join Date: 2012-07-21 Member: 154270Members
    edited October 2012
    They should change it to a passive ability ---> skulk explode on every death. That would be a nice lategame-upgrade. A dmg-buff.
  • FlatkinGFlatkinG Join Date: 2005-03-02 Member: 42984Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1990504:date=Oct 12 2012, 04:01 PM:name=Mr.Greedy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mr.Greedy @ Oct 12 2012, 04:01 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1990504"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->They should change it to a passive ability ---> skulk explode on every death. That would be a nice lategame-upgrade. A dmg-buff.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    i dont think you've put much thought into that post, and i highly disagree.
  • TimMcTimMc Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143945Members
    Would be cool little feature. Is xeno actually viable yet though?
  • XariusXarius Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24630Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Only before A3, which usually never happens.
  • schkorpioschkorpio I can mspaint Join Date: 2003-05-23 Member: 16635Members
    edited October 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1990504:date=Oct 13 2012, 07:01 AM:name=Mr.Greedy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mr.Greedy @ Oct 13 2012, 07:01 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1990504"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->They should change it to a passive ability ---> skulk explode on every death. That would be a nice lategame-upgrade. A dmg-buff.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    actually that is very cool.

kind of like in aliens when they die acid comes out and splashes on anyone too close.

the current ns1/ns2 xeno is stupid, why would I want to do an attack that kills me? sure take 1/2 my health but kill me? no thanks.

BUT the idea of causing damage after you've been mowed down is excellent :)

skulks would very effective against shotguns :)

EDIT - and this would also give a use to rifle-butt, since you would want to knock the skulk away from you before you shoot it, so that it explodes further away from you, and not in your face :)
    I also liked in ns1 how the xeno would knock you around a bit pushing you backwards.
  • Mr.GreedyMr.Greedy Join Date: 2012-07-21 Member: 154270Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1990512:date=Oct 12 2012, 01:11 PM:name=FlatkinG)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FlatkinG @ Oct 12 2012, 01:11 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1990512"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->i dont think you've put much thought into that post, and i highly disagree.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

UWE dont put much thought into xeno. I disagree this. My idea would change xeno definitely to something usefull for Aliens. And I am not the only one who is thinking that the littel skulky need an improvement especially in lategame.
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    The damage xenocide does is laughable when compared the distance it takes to effectively use it, and the amount of time it takes to respawn.

In ns1, xenocide skulks would rain in turtling marines like a hailfire storm of death.
    In ns2, xenocide skulks go in and do negligible amount of damage that is already healed/repaired by the time they enter the spawn queue.
  • SixtyWattManSixtyWattMan Join Date: 2004-09-05 Member: 31404Members
    A shift close to a marine base with a ton of eggs for skulks xeno rushing could be a viable tactic if Xenocide was buffed. Right now it's completely 100% worthless.
  • arnyboy87arnyboy87 Join Date: 2012-08-13 Member: 155551Members
    My team used it the other night and it done very well as marines wern't execpting at all but I agree laughable at A3 -1 to on death dmg bad idea never should you be rewarded for dieing execpt of course if you decide to do it with xeno