Unable to update server to 224

AussieKidAussieKid Join Date: 2012-08-07 Member: 154896Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Shadow
<div class="IPBDescription">Issue with steamcmd?</div>Hi Guys,
224 has been released however i'm unable to update my server past build 223. I usually use the same batch file with steamcmd.exe
I have not changed any of the commands, this is what I get:

C:\SteamCMD>SteamCmd.exe +login username password +force_install_dir C:\NS2
Server1\ +app_update 4940 verify +quit
main.cpp (365) : Assertion Failed: Looks like steam didn't shutdown cleanly, sch
eduling immediate update check
Assert( Assertion Failed: Looks like steam didn't shutdown cleanly, scheduling i
mmediate update check ):..\steamexe\main.cpp:365

[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
[ 0%] Download complete.
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam_: BugslayerUtil.DLL not found
Steam Console Client © Valve Corporation
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam3...OK.
Loading Steam2...OK.

Logging in user 'username' to Steam Public...Success.
Success! App '4940' already up to date.

C:\SteamCMD>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

Comments

• TechnIckSTechnIckS Join Date: 2007-01-14 Member: 59616Members
    edited October 2012
    I tried something similar at first and it didn't take my force_install_dir. Check to see if it's installed in steamcmd_directory\steamapps\common, mine was put there.

But again, i'm on centos not windows so it might not be the same issue.
  • endarendar Join Date: 2010-07-27 Member: 73256Members, Squad Five Blue
    Sounds like you're on a slow, outdate or otherwise broken content server. Not sure how they are configured, try and ipconfig/flushdns or even a reboot (if possible).
  • AussieKidAussieKid Join Date: 2012-08-07 Member: 154896Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1996661:date=Oct 24 2012, 10:55 PM:name=wireaudio)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wireaudio @ Oct 24 2012, 10:55 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1996661"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I tried something similar at first and it didn't take my force_install_dir. Check to see if it's installed in steamcmd_directory\steamapps\common, mine was put there.

But again, i'm on centos not windows so it might not be the same issue.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thanks Guys,

I managed to fix the problem somewhat. I tried setting a force directory to a brand new folder but that didn't work either. I then tried not specifying any folder and let it download to steamapps\common like you mentioned and the download worked. Pretty odd but after that I just cut the folder out and renamed it to what I wanted. Looks like it works now.

I'm getting a different issue with my server now but maybe that's for another thread ;)
    Basically it's giving me errors when it automatically changes map, the new map will load but the console on the clients are spammed with errors and the game is unplayable (certain buttons stop working).
  • LofungLofung Join Date: 2004-08-21 Member: 30757Members
    same here.

both app_update 4940 validate and force_install_dir C:\NS2Server\ doesnt work for me.
    force_install_dir does nothing and goes to another command line while app_update shuts down steamcmd.

strange.
  • MagnetoMagneto Join Date: 2010-12-22 Member: 75856Members
    edited October 2012
    Great now i can't even test my map using dedicated server because update doesn't work, it's pretty lame because i shouldn't even have to run a dedicated in the first place, local should be working in 224, don't they realise mappers need to test their maps?
  • VitdomVitdom Join Date: 2012-04-30 Member: 151345Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Same issue here. Steam is also going down and up...

I attempted to do as wireaudio and AussieKid said worked but it doesn't work for me. All I get is: "App state (0x1) unknown: Timed out waiting for state flag (0x100) 'unknown' to be set, bailing."

I'm guessing it's a global issue with Steam, and not UWE.
  • MagnetoMagneto Join Date: 2010-12-22 Member: 75856Members
    edited October 2012
    Still can't get this working, if it's not asking too much could someone please upload just the files that have changed since 223?

I tried copying files across from the game as they appear to be similar but i got client and server differ, either i didn't copy enough or that just doesn't work?

Edit: never mind i just tried running a dedicated from the game folder and it worked, don't know why i didn't think of it before!
  • VitdomVitdom Join Date: 2012-04-30 Member: 151345Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Still not working, SteamCMD is still broken.

Why did you even choose SteamCMD over HLDSUpdateTool in the first place? "benefits" my ass to be honest...

I don't want to copy server files from my Steam client installation either because I have no idea if that contains a custom configuration which depends on Steam, which I really don't want on my server configuration.
  • WhosatWhosat Singapore Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58301Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    The update worked for me! (I just updated it). SteamCMD also updated itself. You should try running the commands separately (running SteamCMD.exe, logging in, then using app_update.
  • PhYzorPhYzor Join Date: 2003-10-26 Member: 22005Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    that work now for me, it's strange
    Just tried now, and SteamCMD updated itself, and it didn't crash now. Updated to 225 successfully!
  • AussieKidAussieKid Join Date: 2012-08-07 Member: 154896Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1998469:date=Oct 27 2012, 07:09 AM:name=Vitdom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Vitdom @ Oct 27 2012, 07:09 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1998469"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Just tried now, and SteamCMD updated itself, and it didn't crash now. Updated to 225 successfully!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Good to hear it's now working properly. Looks like I wasn't the only one who ran into similar update problems.

Also I fixed my issue on map change, it was my fault as I was still referencing a mod ID in my MapCycle.json file. Removed this and it changes maps without weird errors.