GAMEBREAKING ERROR

Bad MojoBad Mojo Join Date: 2009-05-01 Member: 67317Members
<div class="IPBDescription">This is making it more or less unplayable</div>First game I started to play in 224 seems to run well other than the fact that my screen freezes completely for about 5-7 seconds. I'm not sure what causes it, but it was happening at least every 15 seconds. The game seems to run smoothly in between the freezes, so I don't consider it a general performance issue. Most importantly I checked my console after the freezes and there was an error.

<b>Error: Couldn't Open File *</b>

That's all it says, so I don't know what the file is related to at all. It doesn't seem like something that can be fixed on the client end though, but I could be wrong. This also never happened before b224 and it was the first thing I noticed when I started playing today.

Comments

• HeymanHeyman Join Date: 2005-03-29 Member: 46895Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1997356:date=Oct 25 2012, 03:20 PM:name=Bad Mojo)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bad Mojo @ Oct 25 2012, 03:20 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1997356"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->First game I started to play in 224 seems to run well other than the fact that my screen freezes completely for about 5-7 seconds. I'm not sure what causes it, but it was happening at least every 15 seconds. The game seems to run smoothly in between the freezes, so I don't consider it a general performance issue. Most importantly I checked my console after the freezes and there was an error.

<b>Error: Couldn't Open File *</b>

That's all it says, so I don't know what the file is related to at all. It doesn't seem like something that can be fixed on the client end though, but I could be wrong. This also never happened before b224 and it was the first thing I noticed when I started playing today.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I would attempt verifying the game cache real quick.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Make sure texture streaming is turned on.
  • Bad MojoBad Mojo Join Date: 2009-05-01 Member: 67317Members
    I tried verifying the cache, and the next game I joined seemed to be working. I played a full game without this happening (maybe server related?)

But right at the end of the game it happened again, I froze for a full 25 seconds probably. When I regained control, that error was in console 3 times. I also saw other various errors which I can't type out exactly. I should have taken a screenshot. One of them had to do with collision on the armory...TechId something something. Then as I was looking at that it went to the ready room and raw LUA code filled my screen. Something seems to have gone wrong with the coding this time around. I feel like there are just some holes that need to be plugged up.
  • HeymanHeyman Join Date: 2005-03-29 Member: 46895Members
    edited October 2012
    Interesting. You should try to reproduce the bug and post screenshots/console logs in the <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showforum=108" target="_blank">Technical Support</a> forum