Can we have some information regarding the tournament this weekend, please?

wirywiry Join Date: 2009-05-25 Member: 67479Members
It's about 24 hours until start and we have basically 0 everything. No brackets, no schedule, no information what so ever. I'm getting fed up with how these tournaments are handeled tbh.

Comments

• AgielAgiel Join Date: 2006-11-14 Member: 58605Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Subnautica Playtester
    +1

I feel this is becoming a trend, and it's not boding well...
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Too many tournaments. Everyone's probably burnt out.
  • LigisttomtenLigisttomten Join Date: 2012-09-07 Member: 158340Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1997808:date=Oct 26 2012, 03:51 PM:name=Jekt)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jekt @ Oct 26 2012, 03:51 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1997808"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Too many tournaments. Everyone's probably burnt out.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Except this tournament is kind of important, if it's supposed to be the qualifier for Cologne.
  • PersianImm0rtalPersianImm0rtal Join Date: 2010-12-02 Member: 75414Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester
    Honestly who has time to sit around the whole weekend for 6 hours straight for 2 days? Wish these tournaments were only once a month, and just have a competition where you play one or two matches through the week at night. Would be way better and easier for viewers to digest! And wil keep the viewers more captivated as anticipation builds to see the next match. It's all around better for both the players and the viewers/spectators. And the whole competition would be managed better and it would be more possible for all the matches to go up streamed live kn twitch if we scheduled the competition this way.
  • FlipperFlipper Join Date: 2012-08-08 Member: 155120Members
    I think the biggest thing is the lack of a bracket/starting time, and then throwing it on us day of or day before... some people have schedules they cant just shift 8 hrs before the tourney....

Feel like there should be atleast a weeks notice of times.
  • bLink`bLink` Join Date: 2012-02-18 Member: 146506Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Tournaments have been cancelled.
  • ScrajmScrajm Join Date: 2011-10-17 Member: 127859Members
    edited October 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1997961:date=Oct 26 2012, 08:40 PM:name=Flipper)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Flipper @ Oct 26 2012, 08:40 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1997961"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I think the biggest thing is the lack of a bracket/starting time, and then throwing it on us day of or day before... some people have schedules they cant just shift 8 hrs before the tourney....

Feel like there should be atleast a weeks notice of times.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

We have been knowing for a long time it will be saturday and sunday we are going to play. You did have a weeks notice. What we dont know however is the starting time, but I mean, you can guess it´s going to be around 1600 UTC / 1800 CET. So you don't have to "shift" 8 hours before.

Brackets and maps is another story though.. But I can tell you that my guess is that it will be RR format, with 2 groups. Prolly most of RR will be played on saturday, and then we have the semi-final on sunday.

EDIT: Stop trolling blink ;)
  • GORGEousGORGEous Join Date: 2012-02-19 Member: 146762Members, NS2 Map Tester
    As I understand it - There are two separate tournaments this weekend.

One for the ESL qualifiers for euros. One razer tournament for NA teams. I don't know when the ESL games are supposed to start. Our razer games are supposed to be sometime eveningish EDT, afternoonish PDT.

The lack of information is quite bad, though.
  • WildChickenWildChicken Join Date: 2004-08-25 Member: 30891Members, Constellation
    <a href="https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151130584413105&set=a.95246163104.83850.87948998104&type=1&theater" target="_blank">https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=101...e=1&theater</a>

I guess noone deemed it worth the effort to tell the teams, though. :p
  • FlipperFlipper Join Date: 2012-08-08 Member: 155120Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1997970:date=Oct 26 2012, 11:50 AM:name=Scrajm)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scrajm @ Oct 26 2012, 11:50 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1997970"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->We have been knowing for a long time it will be saturday and sunday we are going to play. You did have a weeks notice. What we dont know however is the starting time, but I mean, you can guess it´s going to be around 1600 UTC / 1800 CET. So you don't have to "shift" 8 hours before.

Brackets and maps is another story though.. But I can tell you that my guess is that it will be RR format, with 2 groups. Prolly most of RR will be played on saturday, and then we have the semi-final on sunday.

EDIT: Stop trolling blink ;)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Actually, NA teams have been starting between 9 and 12 on saturday (Pacific), and now it sounds like 3 (1500) or later.... so yea cant just guess its going to be like usual when its not.
    Oh ok, I didnt get that you were NA.

Yes, there are going to be 2 seperate tournaments. One for us, one for you. I was talking about EU in that post.

And since you have your "own" tourny this weekend, a sure bet is that they will have it eveningish for east coast for you guys.
  • T00byT00by Join Date: 2012-09-07 Member: 158286Members
    You dont have to bet on the times anymore, the times are out on facebook as Wild|Chicken said.

I can completely understand that late information can mess up stuff and get people frustrated about the whole thing. We have minimum information right now and the only thing I can hope for is that this will get better after launchdate when tournaments wont be so frequent as they've been during the last couple of weeks.
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1997975:date=Oct 26 2012, 11:56 AM:name=GORGEous)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GORGEous @ Oct 26 2012, 11:56 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1997975"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->As I understand it - There are two separate tournaments this weekend.

One for the ESL qualifiers for euros. One razer tournament for NA teams. I don't know when the ESL games are supposed to start. Our razer games are supposed to be sometime eveningish EDT, afternoonish PDT.

The lack of information is quite bad, though.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

An email a few days ago would've been nice. No offense guys!
  • WasabiOneWasabiOne Co-Lead NS2 CDT Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104623Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    So I'm not appologizing myself on this one as I have given everyone info that has asked me... However; my counterpart Hugh has dropped the ball and not gotten you info that I was told would be out there...

Two Tournaments

ESL Qaulifiers Sat 16:00UTC
    Round Robin Format
    Same Rules as LAST WEEK (LOGITECH)
    **Adjustments have been made for tie breakers**
    Two Brackets Seeded from Last Weeks results
    Sunday - Semi Final with top two teams from both brackets 18:00UTC
    FINAL LIVE IN GERMANY

NA Razer Tournament Saturday 3:00PM PDT / 6:00PM EDT
    Round Robin Format
    Same Rules as LAST WEEK (LOGITECH)
    **Adjustments have been made for tie breakers**
    One Bracket in 4 rounds (each team will get a bye round)
    Sunday - Final with top two teams from the RR uh 1:00PM PDT / 4:00PM EDT

I have just arrived at UWE and will be on hugh to get you the rulez asap... also we have a new site which I am finalizing nwo to have all the info for the viewers...
  • WasabiOneWasabiOne Co-Lead NS2 CDT Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104623Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    oh and by the way... Ive been doing all this while preparing for my grandfathers funeral...
  • WildChickenWildChicken Join Date: 2004-08-25 Member: 30891Members, Constellation
    Personally, I'm not blaming you Wasabi, you're the one that has a job on top of NS and plenty of obligations :p
  • wirywiry Join Date: 2009-05-25 Member: 67479Members
    Very sad to hear about the death of a loved one. Truly. But you are not alone in this, and the problem has been consistent in almost all of the tournaments that have been hosted. Sure we have gotten the information but the information has been posted just before the start of the tournament, and information being secluded to some steam group that most players, spectators, etc don't have access to.

Just some food for thought for upcoming tournaments and I really do hope we'll see some improvements on this.
    NA - <a href="http://battlefy.com/tournament/117/#/score" target="_blank">http://battlefy.com/tournament/117/#/score</a>
    EU A - <a href="http://battlefy.com/tournament/115/#/score" target="_blank">http://battlefy.com/tournament/115/#/score</a>
    EU B - <a href="http://battlefy.com/tournament/116/#/score" target="_blank">http://battlefy.com/tournament/116/#/score</a>

sites are still getting some update before tomrrow, but this should help ya
  • TquilaTquila Join Date: 2010-02-26 Member: 70738Members, NS2 Playtester
    edited October 2012
    From what I understood Tquila, winner1 plays runnerup2 and winner2 plays runnerup1 (What this means is Archaea(w1) is going to play HBZ(r2) and Exertus(w1) gets 1 decent match (r2) for their spot in Cologne). But I agree on the team choices, strange indeed.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    edited October 2012
    The top 2 from Bracket A and the top 2 from Bracket B go into a live semi-final play-off on Sunday. The 2 semi-final winners go on to the final in Cologne.

Brackets are seeded according to the results from last weekends Logitech tournament. I have got this info from Wasabi's post above. Please feel free to correct me if it is wrong, but it seems pretty straight forward to me..

Edit -

Damn, didn't realise there was a 2nd page :P
  • RuntehRunteh Join Date: 2010-06-26 Member: 72163Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    This is a prize sponsored tournament, and UWE shouldn't be relying on Wasabi to be head organiser. Much respect for your efforts, but someone at UWE needs to pull their finger out.

I have also stated and wondered about tournament burn out, you can't have tournaments every bloody weekend. Totally mental. Even if clans do take time off, are there enough clans to enter if half did not play? I'm not sure whether it is understood that 'good' clans spend maybe 14-21 hours a week training on top of work, life, etc.

I am sure everyone here loves NS2, but people do have lives.

Fortnightly tourneys would surely be better, or spreading the matches out between two weekends would be nice. Maybe some games in the week would be good?

I love the support for organised play, but they are better off spreading this out over months leaving people wanting more, rather than dropping tourney bombs on all the clans and exhausting the whole situation every weekend.

Not surprised by all the frustrations on here.
    Well, I completely disagree. We have only a few days left to release, and by having this many tournaments like the last weeks, hopefully it will lead to more people showing interest in NS2, leading to more ppl buying the game and hopefully that translates to a larger organized scene. Without all these tournaments, I doubt the scene would have been as alive and kicking as it is now.

UWE and Wasabi did a good job here, even though you come here and talk about your "lives" you supposedly have.

After release, I doubt it will be as hardcore as it is now, and then maybe we can spread things out :)
  • RuntehRunteh Join Date: 2010-06-26 Member: 72163Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2012
    Well I don't play in the tourney, I just watch them.

Just seem to be a few complaints on here, and was just voicing my concerns for those involved. But if the clans are happy, then so be it :)

If you are spending your weekend playing it, you should probably know the full details in advance!