Natural Selection 2 News Update - Build 228 Released

1235»

Comments

• koewikoewi Join Date: 2007-08-25 Member: 61984Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    you are talking about 228 ... i want the B227 Patchnotes ... the Notes of the 31.10.12 Releasepatch ;)
  • Onii-chanOnii-chan Join Date: 2002-11-05 Member: 7164Members
    I think the 227 patch only added the Deluxe Armor into the game.
  • Cypher The HorseCypher The Horse Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164512Members
    I'm having connection issues now. I open the server browser, and attempt to join a server. It doesn't work. Then, nothing comes up on the server browser at all, and my entire internet won't even connect to google.

This issue does not occur all the time, but a good portion of the time.
  • tarquinbbtarquinbb Join Date: 2012-11-03 Member: 166314Members
    edited November 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2018204:date=Nov 10 2012, 12:31 PM:name=Cypher The Horse)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cypher The Horse @ Nov 10 2012, 12:31 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2018204"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'm having connection issues now. I open the server browser, and attempt to join a server. It doesn't work. Then, nothing comes up on the server browser at all, and my entire internet won't even connect to google.

This issue does not occur all the time, but a good portion of the time.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

it's caused by your router being massively overwhelmed by simultaneous ping requests, and this is often a sign of a crap/cheap router.

i had exactly the same problem for years in UT2004 and the steam server browser (TF2 and CSS) with my freebie BT router. but a few years ago i binned my BT router and bought a £30 linksys, then i never had a problem with server browsers.

you could try either finding the IP on the internet and doing a direct connect or perhaps there's a web based server browser somewhere - you'd have to search though because i'm not sure.

edit: i should add that most developers these days have (finally) taken note of this insanely frustrating problem, and therefore put a limit on the number of simultaneous ping requests. i believe this is what UWE intend to do as well, but frankly the entire server browser is very dated and needs some love :)
  • GroverGrover Join Date: 2012-04-05 Member: 149990Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=2012759:date=Nov 6 2012, 05:39 PM:name=Grover)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Grover @ Nov 6 2012, 05:39 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2012759"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Seems to have done the trick, thanks.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Got 2 more times that the game just hung after a longer period of playing (30 minutes or so).
    So the fix did not work in the end unfortunately.
  • BeerCanBeerCan Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 164815Members
    So, what is going on withe black screen? You have over 100k in views for the black screen posts? Leads me to believe that is a common problem. Would love some type of up date for it. Maybe a post saying they acknowledge it and are working on it... something. Starting to get slightly butt hurt.