Super Skulk/Advanced Skulk

Bullet_ForceBullet_Force Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 165952Members
<div class="IPBDescription">An idea for the Aliens</div>The Aliens at present in this game are very weak late game especially with their basic unit the Skulk. Against a Marine with +3 weapon and armor levels they really don't stand much of a chance even if they manage to get close. As a result I would like to see the addition of some new varieties of alien to fill the gap between Skulk and Onos.

This unit would be a "Super skulk". It should cost something in the range of 20-30 and be a faster, more powerful variety of the regular skulk. This would at least give the Aliens some kind of chance to combat the turtleing marine tactics.

Comments

• maD maXmaD maX Join Date: 2010-01-28 Member: 70347Members
    Super skulk is a lerk. More hp,fly, shoot spikes , gas ....

It's tricky since you can be effectively 1shot but its the best your going to get for less then 50 res
  • xmainexmaine Join Date: 2009-08-10 Member: 68409Members
    The thing about the late game is all about resource control. Your job as a skulk late game is to not take on groups of marines as they push for a hive, but to do behind-the-scenes work by taking out powernodes and extractors throughout the map to force marines all over so that they don't all group and push for the hive. This forces marines to spread out allowing your higher lifeforms to take enemies out much easier than having to deal with them head on.
  • CocoonMaNCocoonMaN Join Date: 2012-10-27 Member: 163906Members
    I guess you haven't discovered xenocide yet. It's a lot stronger than you think. The server I was on yesterday I saw a guy Xeno four marines in one blast. All these newb marines all bunch up together behind or near the exos.. a well timed xeno or two is lethal.
  • PsympleJesterPsympleJester Join Date: 2008-04-06 Member: 64024Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2006951:date=Nov 2 2012, 06:45 PM:name=CocoonMaN)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CocoonMaN @ Nov 2 2012, 06:45 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2006951"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I guess you haven't discovered xenocide yet. It's a lot stronger than you think. The server I was on yesterday I saw a guy Xeno four marines in one blast. All these newb marines all bunch up together behind or near the exos.. a well timed xeno or two is lethal.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

*Points to this guy*
    Get your Super skulk (lerk) in there as well to do some gassing and your xeno will be even more potent.

Also... Carapace + Celerity + Leap skulk is already a badass...
  • spellman23spellman23 NS1 Theorycraft Expert Join Date: 2007-05-17 Member: 60920Members
    Xeno is not nearly as effective as it needs to be. But yeah, it's the way Skulks scale into late game.